Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting PS2 to Wireless Network

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting PS2 to Wireless Network

Old 23-05-2006, 10:58   #1
Paul33
Inactive

Paul33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting PS2 to Wireless Network

I have a wireless network in my house with my broadband connection running into a BELKIN Router downstairs.

Upstairs, my son has a PS2 for which I've recently purchased a Network Adaptor (Ethernet), believing that was all I needed !!!

Now I'm completely lost, despite reading up on the subject on several sites.

I'm going to connect the adaptor to the PS2 but then all it presents to me is an ethernet socket. All I have to play with is a spare Belkin Wireless USB Network Adaptor, which is the same as I connect my upstairs PC to the network with.

I'm clearly missing something here or I'm completely lost ....... or both !!!

Can somebody tell me what I need, in layman's terms ?

Any help appreciated !!!
Paul33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2006, 15:44   #2
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road
Re: Connecting PS2 to Wireless Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul33
I have a wireless network in my house with my broadband connection running into a BELKIN Router downstairs.

Upstairs, my son has a PS2 for which I've recently purchased a Network Adaptor (Ethernet), believing that was all I needed !!!

Now I'm completely lost, despite reading up on the subject on several sites.

I'm going to connect the adaptor to the PS2 but then all it presents to me is an ethernet socket. All I have to play with is a spare Belkin Wireless USB Network Adaptor, which is the same as I connect my upstairs PC to the network with.

I'm clearly missing something here or I'm completely lost ....... or both !!!

Can somebody tell me what I need, in layman's terms ?

Any help appreciated !!!
One way of doing it is to connect the PS2 to the router using a piece of ethernet cable
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 18:40   #3
Paul33
Inactive

Thanks ...... but I could have figured that one out !!!

I found a response on another forum and am now awaiting an Ethernet Bridge which I will plug into the PS2 Network Adapter. If that doesn't work then the PS2 will take a serious kicking !!!!
Old 23-05-2006, 19:13   #4
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul33
Thanks ...... but I could have figured that one out !!!

I found a response on another forum and am now awaiting an Ethernet Bridge which I will plug into the PS2 Network Adapter. If that doesn't work then the PS2 will take a serious kicking !!!!
That's another way of doing it
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 08:54   #5
Paul33
Inactive

Thanks ........ wouldn't have got there without you !!!
Old 24-05-2006, 10:16   #6
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Paul, can you let me know how the ethernet bridge works. My ps2 is plugged into the router with a cable at the moment, but im looking to go wireless, so your feedback will be appreciated.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 11:14   #7
BillyDrago
Inactive

BillyDrago is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo
Paul, can you let me know how the ethernet bridge works. My ps2 is plugged into the router with a cable at the moment, but im looking to go wireless, so your feedback will be appreciated.
I have my PS2 connected via a wireless bridge. It was pretty easy to set up - you just connect the bridge to your PS2 network connector and away you go!

It should find your network automatically - if you are using encryption you will need to enter your network key, which you do via the setup program. Alternately the bridge has an IP address which you can use to configure it via your PC (similar to the 192.168.2.1 for your router).

I bought mine off eBay - it was a little harder to set up than it should have been as it was configured for the previous owners network. As soon as I worked that out and found the manufacturer reset button it set up no probs!

Good luck!
BillyDrago is offline   Reply With Quote