Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The end for The Simpsons?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The end for The Simpsons?

Old 05-10-2011, 17:51   #1
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
The end for The Simpsons?

Quote:
US TV network Fox has said it can no longer afford to produce long-running animated comedy The Simpsons without a pay cut for its cast.

In a statement, it said although the series "can and should continue", it could not produce future seasons "under its current financial model".

Fox made the comment after reports it threatened to end the series unless its voice actors took a 45% pay cut.

The cast reportedly earn $8m (£5.2m) each per series.

US news website The Daily Beast reported that the principal voice cast members, including Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright and Yeardley Smith, were having difficulty agreeing contracts for the next series.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15179431
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2011, 17:55   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The end for The Simpsons?

There is a god after all LOL :-)
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 17:32   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There is a god after all LOL :-)
Agreed, it's well past it's sell-by date, stopped being funny about 5 years ago.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 17:34   #4
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

XxAmazingStarxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Agreed, it's well past it's sell-by date, stopped being funny about 5 years ago.
no its still good!!!...
XxAmazingStarxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 18:01   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

It did have a few off seasons, but has been good again last few.maybe they put the good writers on the film, then when that was done, returned them to the series
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 18:02   #6
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
It did have a few off seasons, but has been good again last few.maybe they put the good writers on the film, then when that was done, returned them to the series
link to if?
Old 06-10-2011, 18:28   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I say bin it. Really not been good for the last few years.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:30   #8
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I say bin it. Really not been good for the last few years.
liar? no i wont bin it I LOVE THE SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!XD u like american dad and family guy i guess?
Old 06-10-2011, 18:34   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yes I do, and they are really funny. Simpsons has totally run out of steam and now just trys to copy the style of Family Guy but it doesn't work.

I am not a liar, I've even seen the new episode from the USA this week and it was terrible.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:38   #10
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yes I do, and they are really funny. Simpsons has totally run out of steam and now just trys to copy the style of Family Guy but it doesn't work.

I am not a liar, I've even seen the new episode from the USA this week and it was terrible.
i didnt mean liar literally!!!!! i was just susprised how could you say that!!!!!![COLOR="Silver"]

has it been released in the uk?
Old 06-10-2011, 18:40   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I thought the Chalmers episode was quite good.. I will though admit that good Simpsons episodes are now getting few and far between so wouldn't truly miss it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 18:42   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I can say that because it is my opinion and I think it's gone downhill after so so many series.

No it hasn't.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:44   #13
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I can say that because it is my opinion and I think it's gone downhill after so so many series.

No it hasn't.
never said u cant say that i was sharing my view...

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:

No it hasn't.
ohh did u watch it onlineeeee? isiit on utube?
Old 06-10-2011, 19:18   #14
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

I used to be a huge Simpsons fan, but now prefer American Dad, Family guy and South Park

The Simpsons Movie was rubbish too, it was just a really long episode IMO
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 19:20   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I transferred a lot of my attention over to Archer and Ugly Americans
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote