Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cancelling Virgin Mobile?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cancelling Virgin Mobile?

Old 10-05-2011, 20:24   #1
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79
Cancelling Virgin Mobile?

Folks,

Got home this evening to find that a VM Rep had rang today trying to sell Virgin Mobile. He was looking to speak to my dad, but was content to discuss this matter with my mum.

Problem is, mum couldn't understand a word he was saying (no offence but mum said he sounded as if he wasn't from a UK call centre). Before she knew it, she had verbally agreed to a contract with Virgin Mobile. She recalls that he stated that cancellation was possible within 14 days.

I received emails throughout the day, confirming the order and another advising that the phone (a Blackberry) will be delivered tomorrow.

My question is, how do I cancel this contract. Also, how can VM get away with such over zealous sales techniques?!

Thanks for any comments!!
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2011, 20:34   #2
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cancelling Virgin Mobile?

Your mother only had to say no thanks not interested.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 20:45   #3
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light

Tell me about it, but as I said, she honestly couldn't understand a word. It was only at the very end of the call that she started to wonder if she had agreed to something!! Of course, I'm left to sort it out!!
Old 10-05-2011, 21:11   #4
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

I think there is a 28 day cooling period for changing your mind, but there are some very good deals on the virgin mobile, might be worth thinking about.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 22:11   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

You have 7 working days to cancel under distance selling regulations anyway, regardless of any 'cooling off period' that VM might offer.
Just phone CS and tell them to cancel the order.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:22   #6
James79
Inactive

Thanks folks!

Turns out the offer was £7.50 (or thereabouts) for 100mins talktime, 500 texts and 1GB of mobile internet per month.

Decided we'd keep the phone as my neice would spend over that per month on Orange PAYG!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17   #7
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
Thanks folks!

Turns out the offer was £7.50 (or thereabouts) for 100mins talktime, 500 texts and 1GB of mobile internet per month.

Decided we'd keep the phone as my neice would spend over that per month on Orange PAYG!!
so the "overzealous sales techniques" have just got another customer then
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 15:12   #8
James79
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
so the "overzealous sales techniques" have just got another customer then
Haha!! Looks like it did work!! I think that my comment about the sales technique may just have been my first 'rant' since joining!! Not bad going, eh?!!

Old 12-05-2011, 15:53   #9
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Haha!! Looks like it did work!! I think that my comment about the sales technique may just have been my first 'rant' since joining!! Not bad going, eh?!!
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 12:41   #10
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Doesn't really matter about the cooling off period if your dad is the account holder your mum cant agree anything with them.

£7.50 seems cheap for a BB, they ain't gonna charge you another £5 to get access to the BIS server are they?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote