Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SellingPolicy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SellingPolicy

Old 01-09-2010, 14:26   #1
fitssssy
Inactive

fitssssy is an unknown quantity at this point
SellingPolicy

Afternoon people, just wondered if anyone on here can clear this up for me.

Bear with me it's a long one !!!

Five weeks ago my partner went into our local Virgin store and upgraded from PAYG to the Blackberry £15 a month offer.

She used a non chip and pin bank card to set up the direct debit and the gent who dealt with her used her credit card to do the fiver in fiver out credit thing. All went well and after playing around with the phone i too ventured out yesterday intent on purchasing the same package.

After explaing my needs i gets out my bank card and credit card expecting the same easy purchase that my partner recieved. Not to be, the lady on duty explains that it HAS to be the same card not two seperate cards.
Not wanting to put on a show i withdrew from the store to lick my wounds and check my facts. Indeed partners credit cards shows the transaction clearly.

So, today back i go expecting this to be one small mistake and i will have my sweaty mitts on my new phone with in the hour. After approaching a different member of staff (who turned out to be the manager) and explaining the problem and asking why i need a chip and pin card but my partner did not, it was explained that it was company policy that it HAS to be the same card. To back up his "policy" he than asked another staff member who replied that he uses the two card method "all the time" and "i was told it was ok at +++++++++ where i did my training" . Store manager manages to look somewhat apologetic but insists it is company policy and i can't have a phone.

So one store, four staff, two who know the "policy" and two who are happy to sell phones and make the company money.

I feel hard done to, all i wanted was a phone i had all the proof of ID that was required is this really company policy ? Would we have grounds for returning my partners phone as it was mis-sold to her ?
fitssssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement