Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please help i need some inspiring words- i need nicotine!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Please help i need some inspiring words- i need nicotine!!

Old 12-04-2005, 21:35   #1
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Exclamation Please help i need some inspiring words- i need nicotine!!

Hello everyone.
I stopped smoking yesterday and am finding it hard but i am going to keep on with this, after being a 'full time' smoker for the last 8 years!!
Also i really don't want to put any weight on so am targeting cutting down on junk food at the same time........... risky but i'm gonna do it!!
Please can anyone help me with some inspirational words or perhaps even your own stories? Anything will be appreciated!

Thanks Pia,x
<<
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2005, 21:38   #2
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack
Re: Please help i need some inspiring words- i need nicotine!!

Giving up is for quitters!
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 21:46   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

After 10 years any effects of smoking on your lungs will no longer appear! Much less at your age. Stopping smoking is one of the biggest things you can do to improve your health.

My dads smoked for 40 years and stopped a few months ago and he still hasnt smoked. He is feeling much better than he used to, he didnt even relise that he felt bad until he stopped and relised how much better he got
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 21:56   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by piaswales
Hello everyone.
I stopped smoking yesterday and am finding it hard but i am going to keep on with this, after being a 'full time' smoker for the last 8 years!!
Also i really don't want to put any weight on so am targeting cutting down on junk food at the same time........... risky but i'm gonna do it!!
Please can anyone help me with some inspirational words or perhaps even your own stories? Anything will be appreciated!

Thanks Pia,x
<<
hi Pia

- the best advice I ever had was, that it is nicotine addiction that causes smoking. Of course you have to smoke, to find that out, but once addicted, that is the biggest reason you do it.

- going 'cold turkey' breaks the addiction in about 3 days.

After that, you have to 'get out of the habit' - and that can be the hardest part.

That first fag with a cuppa in the morning ...

After fish & chips ...

After don't go there ....

and the worst - out with a crowd & they are all smoking ( beg, you know you will )

- I have honestly lapsed twice since last August, the worst a recent meeting with members of this forum, which I can't deny (I owe you a packet of Rothmans - you know who you are )

Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
After 10 years any effects of smoking on your lungs will no longer appear! Much less at your age. Stopping smoking is one of the biggest things you can do to improve your health.

My dads smoked for 40 years and stopped a few months ago and he still hasnt smoked. He is feeling much better than he used to, he didnt even relise that he felt bad until he stopped and relised how much better he got
hopefully you never smoked because you were so disgusted at your dad - well that is what my son thought of me, lol - and he has never smoked (he is 21) - sometimes you have to make sacrifices
Old 12-04-2005, 21:59   #5
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks Pia,x
<<
hi, im not a smoker and never have been but i can recommend that you atleast try and use another form of inspiration such as chocolate or sweets as a substitute for your cravings, also using nicotine patches will not cure you as the cravings are for the nictine itself you dont want to be hooked on them do you!

also you might or might not want to see these:

warning graphic images if you are easily offended or are eating DO NOT click

http://www.mintsnuff.com/gamblingwithyourhealth.htm
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 22:32   #6
hoggyspuds
Inactive

Services: 10meg
hoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=kronas]hi, also using nicotine patches will not cure you as the cravings are for the nictine itself you dont want to be hooked on them do you!

I have smoked for half my life. decided to give up cos i finally realised what a prat i was smoking. I am using the patches.....day 26, and i can honestly say i don't miss the ciggies. I have had days with no patch as well....forgot to put it on!! (that's us irish for you!).

Inspiring words needed? My 6 year old daughter saw me putting a patch on. She said does that mean dad that you're gonna stop smoking and not die of cancer?......enough said.
hoggyspuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 22:47   #7
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
hi, im not a smoker and never have been but i can recommend that you atleast try and use another form of inspiration such as chocolate or sweets as a substitute for your cravings, also using nicotine patches will not cure you as the cravings are for the nictine itself you dont want to be hooked on them do you!

also you might or might not want to see these:

warning graphic images if you are easily offended or are eating DO NOT click

http://www.mintsnuff.com/gamblingwithyourhealth.htm
well Pia said avoiding putting on weight was important , so chocolate & sweets may be well intentioned but, not appropriate... lol, ( I have put on weight )

thanks for the warning

[QUOTE=hoggyspuds]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
hi, also using nicotine patches will not cure you as the cravings are for the nictine itself you dont want to be hooked on them do you!

I have smoked for half my life. decided to give up cos i finally realised what a prat i was smoking. I am using the patches.....day 26, and i can honestly say i don't miss the ciggies. I have had days with no patch as well....forgot to put it on!! (that's us irish for you!).

Inspiring words needed? My 6 year old daughter saw me putting a patch on. She said does that mean dad that you're gonna stop smoking and not die of cancer?......enough said.
says it all, that, doesn't it.

- sounds like you have the 'habit' under control, you just have to ditch the patches, now, and you are done
Old 12-04-2005, 22:50   #8
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Hi everyone thanks for your inspiration so far......... it really is hard, especially after a meal and certain other times when it would be habit that i light up! I don't want to use patches i am determined to do this cold turkey. I have gone through a good 3 packets of chewing gum this last 36 hours!! Keep them coming it helps me carry on!! Thank you.x
Old 12-04-2005, 22:52   #9
goldoni
Inactive

goldoni has reached the bronze age
goldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze age

I gave up on Good Friday and have not smoked a cigarette since. I have elected to do it the hard way without patches etc, but I have been placing £5.00 a day since then in a glass jar and if my workings are correct I now have £90.00 in cash that has not gone-up in smoke.

The hardest part in just after breakfast and my brain wants a fag, but I look at the jar of money.

I feel much better in myself for not smoking and not wasting £5.00 a day

Best of luck
goldoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 22:54   #10
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Change your diet at the same time as you stop smoking. Cut out sweets, chocolate, crisps and the frying pan. Eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. Concentrate mostly on sticking to the diet and it makes it easier to forget the ciggies. Improved diet and no ciggies will make everything taste much better and you will soon feel all the better for doing it.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 22:56   #11
hoggyspuds
Inactive

hoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldoni
I gave up on Good Friday and have not smoked a cigarette since. I have elected to do it the hard way without patches etc, but I have been placing £5.00 a day since then in a glass jar and if my workings are correct I now have £90.00 in cash that has not gone-up in smoke.

The hardest part in just after breakfast and my brain wants a fag, but I look at the jar of money.

I feel much better in myself for not smoking and not wasting £5.00 a day

Best of luck
Respect!!
Old 12-04-2005, 22:59   #12
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
Change your diet at the same time as you stop smoking. Cut out sweets, chocolate, crisps and the frying pan. Eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. Concentrate mostly on sticking to the diet and it makes it easier to forget the ciggies. Improved diet and no ciggies will make everything taste much better and you will soon feel all the better for doing it.
Although easier said than done until you do it... this is exactly what i am aiming for i just hope i am strong enough to do this i need to lose weight and need to stop smoking for the money reasons aswell!! How long will i crave for?
i know it will be different for everyone of course, but everyone i spoke to it has ranged from 3 days to months!!
Old 12-04-2005, 23:02   #13
hoggyspuds
Inactive

Quote:
Although easier said than done until you do it... this is exactly what i am aiming for i just hope i am strong enough to do this i need to lose weight and need to stop smoking for the money reasons aswell!! How long will i crave for?
i know it will be different for everyone of course, but everyone i spoke to it has ranged from 3 days to months!!
the cravings stop.........it's the habit you gotta beat!
Old 12-04-2005, 23:04   #14
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
well Pia said avoiding putting on weight was important , so chocolate & sweets may be well intentioned but, not appropriate... lol, ( I have put on weight )
well the general consensus is if a woman is worried about her wieght she generally looks fine

seriously though i must have overlooked the wieght bit of the post so i apologise, the best thing you can do is introduce fresh fish, vegetables and pasta to your diet, no its not boring it actually tastes good

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
thanks for the warning
trust me i only caught a glimpse
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 23:12   #15
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Split open a used teabag - looks a bit like a smoker's lung. Nice.

There's a bloke at work with teeth like those in the pic Bet he's a great kisser.

Hang in there - though not literally. Try gnawing on the door frame instead.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote