Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear WGR614 - does this router handle 10mbit cable?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear WGR614 - does this router handle 10mbit cable?

Old 21-05-2006, 02:31   #1
Simcut
Inactive

Services: 120mbit Virgin Media Cable Sky Digital Package (Sky+)
Simcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about them
Smile Netgear WGR614 - does this router handle 10mbit cable?

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying this router.

Please can someone tell me if this router handles 10mbit properly at complete speeds?

So far I've spent over £200 on routers that havent worked properly.

1. US Robitics Wireless Router - bad signals on all channels.
2. Belkin Router - cant handle my 10mbit cable with NTL - can only go as high as 6.5mbit-7mbit.
3. Linksys BEFSR41V4 - has overheating problems and cannot handle a lot of connections...

Please if one of you use the Netgear WGR614 router and use 10mbit at FULL speed without problems, please reply!

Can you also tell me if your using the latest firmware or not.

Cheers
Simcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2006, 02:36   #2
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: Netgear WGR614 - does this router handle 10mbit cable?

Why not use the tried and tested Linksys WRT54G ? Alot of people here use them and swear by them. There are no overheating issues with them, they have strong channels etc... They are just, good.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 02:37   #3
Simcut
Inactive

Simcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about them

Well, my current experience with Linksys is really bad, I use Torrents a lot and I noticed according to the Azuerus Wiki that the WRT54G is a "bad router".

That was another question I had, do any of you use torrents regularly on either the Netgear WGR614 or the WRT54G and ever experience problems? if you dont experience problems can you state whether you have upgraded the firmware or not too.

Cheers!
Old 21-05-2006, 02:42   #4
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

I'm on a version 5 here, the supposed cut down version, i used alot of torrents, and today alone connected to about 100 peers, and a few seeds... Nothing went wrong and the surfing speed was fine i got about 350kbps through my 4Mb line. Never had a problem

the WRK54G on the other hand is bad news...
Old 21-05-2006, 02:48   #5
Simcut
Inactive

Okay mate, will give it a blast and see if Aria will let me send it back if I have problems, dont wanna waste another £50+ :S

Wish me luck!
Old 21-05-2006, 02:50   #6
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Good luck, but you shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 21-05-2006, 03:05   #7
Simcut
Inactive

If I am I know where to look for the guy to kill! hehe
Old 21-05-2006, 03:12   #8
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Now where did i put those plane tickets....