Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 20-04-2014, 14:48   #2461
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not seen any new date I'm afraid.
Shame, I'm looking forward to the new look EPG. Placing an emphasis on Sky's On Demand library is a good move imo.

Will this update also come with the ever lasting series links feature?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2014, 17:13   #2462
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I'm find some of my series links are breaking, and I'm having to go back and re add them
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 18:51   #2463
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I'm find some of my series links are breaking, and I'm having to go back and re add them
What shows ? I've not seen this myself however I've seen reports on other forums , I believe the series link info is done by the broadcaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Shame, I'm looking forward to the new look EPG. Placing an emphasis on Sky's On Demand library is a good move imo.

Will this update also come with the ever lasting series links feature?
No I believe that feature will arrive in summer with the recommendations although as always that's dependant on how the software goes when tested , Sky Buy and keep will be available very soon and I'm sure catch up will grow further.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 20:13   #2464
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I'm noticing it with The Simpsons mostly
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 21:01   #2465
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

If your a member I'd raise the issue on the Sky help forum especially as its a Sky channel.
Old 20-04-2014, 21:36   #2466
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Taking there time with the new epg???? My sg4 and iPad both have it but still waiting on my 2gb box
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 13:10   #2467
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
What shows ? I've not seen this myself however I've seen reports on other forums , I believe the series link info is done by the broadcaster.

No I believe that feature will arrive in summer with the recommendations although as always that's dependant on how the software goes when tested , Sky Buy and keep will be available very soon and I'm sure catch up will grow further.
Very interesting, Sky are the biggest On Demand player in the UK so I'll look forwards to seeing how they expand their offering.
Old 23-04-2014, 19:05   #2468
Doz007
cf.geek

Look what has arrived!
Old 23-04-2014, 19:11   #2469
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quite a few people seem to have received the new EPG last night , what model number are they delivering it with now ?
Old 23-04-2014, 19:25   #2470
Doz007
cf.geek

I've received the update on both my boxes MM (DRX895 & 890). The software version is R009.066.77.03P.

Just having a quick play now and first impressions are really positive. A nice new cleaner look whilst retaining the responsiveness that Sky are known for.
Old 23-04-2014, 19:34   #2471
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I've received the update on both my boxes MM (DRX895 & 890). The software version is R009.066.77.03P.

Just having a quick play now and first impressions are really positive. A nice new cleaner look whilst retaining the responsiveness that Sky are known for.
Ah right different model number too mine , I agree I prefer the new look , it gives On Demand and search more prominence and I guess encourages those who've not yet connected their boxes up to the internet to do so. The new look guide also brings a uniform look and feel across mobile apps Sky Go and Sky+ also.

Forgot to mention Buy and Keep is now live also , not something I'm interested in being I have access to Sky Movies but I'm sure some will find it useful.
Old 23-04-2014, 21:02   #2472
Doz007
cf.geek

Yeah, I agree MM. Really like the new look and as an On Demand lover, anything that brings more attention to that aspect of Sky is very welcome. I can't wait to see what Sky have in store for the future of On Demand!

I've just had a browse of the buy and keep library. Do you know if purchases are tied to the box or account?
Old 23-04-2014, 21:08   #2473
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah, I agree MM. Really like the new look and as an On Demand lover, anything that brings more attention to that aspect of Sky is very welcome. I can't wait to see what Sky have in store for the future of On Demand!

I've just had a browse of the buy and keep library. Do you know if purchases are tied to the box or account?
Its tied to your box , more info on link.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stor...p/ta-p/1890304
Old 23-04-2014, 21:16   #2474
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Its tied to your box , more info on link.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stor...p/ta-p/1890304
Thanks for the link, seems to cover everything although it's unfortunate that purchases are restricted to a single box rather than account wide. The inclusion of a DVD in the post seems extremely strange too, surely a Blu Ray would be more appropriate if they have to include physical media.
Old 23-04-2014, 21:31   #2475
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Most of them points will have been raised in testing I'm sure

I'm sure they're open to feedback via the usual channels.