Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Awful connection 120mb@firefox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Awful connection 120mb@firefox

Old 27-05-2013, 19:07   #1
BulletXxGamer
Inactive

BulletXxGamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Awful connection 120mb@firefox

Ok, so i am running win 7 and i am directly connected to my router with about 9 clients. Every now and again the connection drops on firefox and just gets stuck on "Connecting..." though all the other devies are able to get internet! Even on wireless! I have a ASUS RT-N66U as my router and my sh is is modem mode. Most of the time its about 85-95% load on my network. I am very technical so i will do anything and give u any logs or stuff like that.

Any answers???

Kind regards,

Alex Dowd
BulletXxGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2013, 19:34   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Awful connection 120mb@firefox

Does the same thing happen with other browsers, on the same PC, i.e. IE or chrome?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 20:58   #3
BulletXxGamer
Inactive

BulletXxGamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

bump
BulletXxGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 13:43   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Plug the computer in to another port of your switch or router.

What antivirus program do you use? This is a likely suspect but uninstalling and re-install it or another product is often the only way to be sure. There are some other things you can try before attempting this though:

Check you have no proxy set in your browser

Download malwarebytes or something similar to do a thorough virus check

Open a DOS prompt as administrator and run the following command to reset the tcp/ip stack: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

If your net connection is always busy (say heavy torrenting for example) and saturated then this can happen too. You can extend the timeout value for most browsers although its normally a registry value which I think is unique to each browser.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 18:00   #5
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

I was having this problem until I turned the browser security off on Zonealarms.
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote