Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cable & adsl/fttc line together

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

cable & adsl/fttc line together

Old 10-05-2012, 04:26   #16
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold
Re: cable & adsl/fttc line together

stayed untill almost 4:30 am adding and modifying some dns and ip addresses and now is getting the old speeds

at broadband max it got 120 mb never with the superhub

Draytek 2850n is a MONSTER but needs to know it
i got back the monitr broadband working
was somewhere in the huge options enable ping from the internet
Happy now but sleepy
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 15:18   #17
babis3g
Inactive

babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

todays speeds

Quote:
Date of Speed Test: 2012-05-10 15:02:44
Download Speed: 106891 kbps (13361.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4774 kbps (596.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
area is little congested here
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

waiting for the adsl connection now

Huawei 612 V3 BT openreach (will not be in use but is there for compare with the 2850n)
Huawei HG532
DRAYTEK 2850n is a SOLID good piece of kit with huge options for every occasion
Cable return path signal booster (not in use, had -12 power levels before but sorted by re pulling new cable)

Draytek 2850n is Well Recommenced All the way

Sorry Mods if the pic is oversized.Can close the thread i sorted and Draytek support via email got all my queries answered
Very helpfull support team

Thanks ALL involved
Old 16-06-2012, 10:30   #18
babis3g
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
All I've done in the 2920 configs is left the router's WAN general setup to autoweight (I haven't given it any line speeds leaving that to autodetect) between WAN #1 (ADSL) and WAN #2 (VM). In WAN > Load Balance Policy simply create a rule for "any" traffic to route to WAN #2 allowing fail over, and then everything uses the VM connection as a priority.
hi
same settings as your with a 2920n
wan 1 the adsl and wan 2 virgin
everything ok at load balance policy with autobalance

Now when i click wan 2 on top for first priority (ANY) and wan 1 second down(ANY) ...wan 2 it does not work and wont let the wan 1 to take over

what firmware have you got?(i have 3.3.7.1
thanks

Old 16-06-2012, 11:42   #19
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

That arrangement can't work. The rules will be processed in order so it will see WAN 2 policy first and shovel everything down that. It'll never get to the WAN1 rule. For loadbalancing policy you need to allocate different traffic types, or different computer IP's / ports on your net. So for example you might put your priority webserver traffic down one connection and leave the networks internet browsing, email and stuff running on the second connection.

I havent got access to my office router at the moment so can't see it's config options. You should have settings that allow you to tell the router whether it uses it's own algorithms to split traffic down each connection, or prioritise one with failover to another. The prioritisation can be as the router sees fit, or based on the line speed settings you create. One thing with such balancing where the connections are chosen at a whim is you need services that login such as port 443 SSL to use one connection only else users will for ever be getting kicked off, which is where the above load balance comes in
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 17:55   #20
babis3g
Inactive

thanks for reply

i have contact tech support and said to me settings are fine (they got access to router) and i have send a syslog file to them (but is weekend)

could you please when you go back office advise me some settings like one connection for download/upload files or video from VM and the other as second priority for everything else i will be please as i have not experience with that

the interface at first look was pretty simple to let any policy for priority to preferred wan

i feel like to pack it back and go for a D-Link DSR-500N Dual WAN, i spent all night trying figure out, sometimes works the settings above but when i reboot pc will not work so will not load even wan 1

i will be pleased thanks
Old 04-07-2012, 15:04   #21
babis3g
Inactive

The router just let me to set it with wan 1 (adsl) and wan2 (cable) same time

I add my own dns at lan > general set up(picked a dns that is ok for both connections ) and clicked force router to give dns address
then load balance policy, ticked wan 2 first, wan 1 second
It works this time great and all priority for everything goes to cable wan 2

NOW IT SEEMS IS A BIG UPDATE FOR THE 2920
FIRMWARE 3.6.0

Quote:
New Features
�� Support IPv6.
�� Support Smart Bandwidth Limit.
�� Support DNS setting for each LAN subnet.
�� Support LAN wired 802.1x.
�� Support QoS retag.

Plus Many Fixes....

Seems GREAT
Old 04-07-2012, 22:08   #22
babis3g
Inactive

DrayTek Vigor2920 Series Ready for IPv6 Era

more article about the current 3.6.0 upgrade is here
http://www.4-traders.com/news/01-Dra...Era--14398994/