Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2009, 22:19   #1966
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiLL View Post
But those inexperienced and younger players weren't playing, the older, more skilful and experienced squad was.

I'm a scouser, and there isn't any shame finishing runner up...did better than the team I support did this season.
Yes indeed, better to come second on the night than over 38 games

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2009, 22:21   #1967
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Yes indeed, better to come second on the night than over 38 games
Kinda walked right into that one didn't I?

Ronaldo really didn't step up to the mark on the night. Iniesta and Xavi had an amazing game.
Old 27-05-2009, 22:24   #1968
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I'm finding it incredible on facebook how all the scousers who have been silent ever since Liverpool blew the title yet again have suddenly found their voices. Still, with another trophyless season gone by I guess they have little else to sing about....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-05-2009, 22:25   #1969
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
So outclassed then.

For 80 mins Manu were outclassed. Also the behaviour of Ronaldo and Scholes didn't help at all.

How long was Scholes on the pitch before he got booked?

It's a shame 'cos I wanted to see Platini crying at another English triumph.

I missed out 'on the night' at the end of that sentence We must have a different definiton of 'outclassed'. We were the better team for the first ten minutes and then a period in the second half before they scored we were controlling the game, but as i said before the better team won. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Ronaldo's behaviour, it's Puyol that needs to take a look at himself imo.

Quote:
But those inexperienced and younger players weren't playing, the older, more skilful and experienced squad was.

I'm a scouser, and there isn't any shame finishing runner up...did better than the team I support did this season.
Did Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Carrick etc not play then?? Or was i seeing things? They are all, in my opinion at an age before they have reached their 'prime', but this a stupid debate, the only players who will be retiring anytime soon are Giggs, Scholes and VDS and as i said we already have players to replace them.

Your a rare breed then
Old 27-05-2009, 22:26   #1970
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Iniesta and Xavi had an amazing game.
Agreed. They controlled most of the match. Incredible players.
Old 27-05-2009, 22:28   #1971
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Well played Barcelona, the better team won.

Have to say though, I don't agree that they were streets ahead of us in class, despite Clive Tyldesley masturbating at the sight of Iniesta and co. At no point did I think we were out of the game. Had Park have scored from the rebounded free kick, the game may have panned out differently. I'm mostly disappointed that we didn't score, against that defence...it's crminal.
Old 27-05-2009, 22:29   #1972
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I missed out 'on the night' at the end of that sentence We must have a different definiton of 'outclassed'. We were the better team for the first ten minutes and then a period in the second half before they scored we were controlling the game, but as i said before the better team won. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Ronaldo's behaviour, it's Puyol that needs to take a look at himself imo.

Did Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Carrick etc not play then?? Or was i seeing things? They are all, in my opinion at an age before they have reached their 'prime', but this a stupid debate, the only players who will be retiring anytime soon are Giggs, Scholes and VDS and as i said we already have players to replace them.

Your a rare breed then
They aren't young young though...if you know what I mean. Then again, neither was Barcelona's side.

I'm a rare breed because I don't actually care for all the menial petty arguments that occur every time one team win or loses. It's a game, not a spitting competition.
Old 27-05-2009, 22:44   #1973
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
Well played Barcelona, the better team won.

Have to say though, I don't agree that they were streets ahead of us in class, despite Clive Tyldesley masturbating at the sight of Iniesta and co. At no point did I think we were out of the game. Had Park have scored from the rebounded free kick, the game may have panned out differently. I'm mostly disappointed that we didn't score, against that defence...it's crminal.
I think it's funny how suddenly some Man United fans are bitching about Tyldesley's commentary because he's glorified Man United's victorious opponents. He's notorious for his nauseating pro-Man United and Liverpool bias and has been for many years. The man practically orgasms every time the likes of Rooney and co touch the ball. Now the shoe is on the other foot for a night and he's awful.
Old 27-05-2009, 22:45   #1974
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I know what you mean. Alen Hansen used to be the same for Liverpool back in the 90s.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-05-2009, 22:47   #1975
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Ferguson is not in the least bit bitter, you could tell by the way he said both of Barcelona's goals were shoddy in his TV interview post match.[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 27-05-2009, 22:50   #1976
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

The only way SAF could make us feel any better is by offloading Berba in the summer.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-05-2009, 22:50   #1977
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Ferguson is not in the least bit bitter, you could tell by the way he said both of Barcelona's goals were shoddy in his TV interview post match.[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Sir Alex Ferguson - "We were beaten by the best team. We weren't at our best"

Bitter indeed
Old 27-05-2009, 22:51   #1978
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Sir Alex Ferguson - "We were beaten by the best team. We weren't at our best"

Bitter indeed
He did actually call the goals shoddy on the ITV news though.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:17   #1979
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
He did actually call the goals shoddy on the ITV news though.
Don't see it as being bitter, he said "They were two bad goals to concede, they were very shoddy goals to concede."

Which they were, both goals come from mistakes and could have been defended better
Old 27-05-2009, 23:23   #1980
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
He did actually call the goals shoddy on the ITV news though
The finishes weren't shoddy, what led up to them was. Second one more so, Evra messing about and one of the smallest blokes on the pitch unmarked. First goal was just bad defending.

Seemed like once they scored it kicked the life out of us, we looked shocked and never got over it. There is a bit too much "It'll be Alright on the Night" in us sometimes, luck isn't going to dig you out of the hole everytime, and they looked clueless. I guess this is where we still miss Keane, they spent the rest of the half looking at each other instead of continuing what they had been doing, it was just a question of time before we scored.

Barca on the other hand took full advantage of that and just killed it, pass, pass, pass, pass they never let us compose ourselves from that point on, by not letting us have the ball. First 10 mins aside, it was a perfect performance from them.
Closed Thread