Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Setup?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Setup?

Old 28-12-2007, 14:00   #1
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k
Smile Wireless Setup?

I am offf to do some house sitting for the next few days and I am taking my 360 with me, the problem however is that my mate aint got a router near his telly downstairs and I aint got a wireless card for it.
In his office upstairs he has a WGT624 which works fine, my plan was to take my WG624 round and some how use it to connect the xbox to the net. Is that even possible.

Cheers
cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2007, 14:04   #2
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star
Re: Wireless Setup?

If its just for a few days why not take a long length of ethernet cable with you? Cheap and effective.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 14:22   #3
cnewton2k
Inactive

cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light

cause i aitn got one long enought it would need to be about 50 meters!! and to buy one in a shop tht price would cost a small fortune!!!!
Old 28-12-2007, 14:34   #4
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solventcandy View Post
cause i aitn got one long enought ...!!!
50m? Does he live in a mansion or something??

Less that £20 here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cat5e-RJ45-Eth...QQcmdZViewItem
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 14:42   #5
cnewton2k
Inactive

and i will be going home on sunday so that dont really help!!!
Old 29-12-2007, 21:06   #6
tcbass
Inactive

Services: L TV-V+ & L BB
tcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enough

If you can set yours up as an access point only (i.e. turn of the router bit), i think it might be possible as this setting should allow you to use it to extend the range of the original network, don't ask me about the technicalities though.
tcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 13:52   #7
Bri_G
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP 20Mb bb V+ Talk Unlimited
Bri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the rough

That will work, you need to set it up as an AP only like tcbass suggests. You will need to take your lappy or have access to his pc upstairs to configure his router.
Bri_G is offline   Reply With Quote