Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 20:03   #391
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Looking forward to it. I'm off work on Monday so I hope the Paisley buddies do us a favour as it would be a good weekend to clinch it for me

I've only been at Parkhead once when the hoops have clinched the title so it would be a rare one for me.

C'mon the hoops.
Off Monday and Tuesday Enjoy mate
Old 06-04-2013, 18:47   #392
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Fantastic today

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Old 06-04-2013, 20:41   #393
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

The only reason why Celtic will win the title again - is that there is no longer any competition for them in Scotland. So each term just Celtic the title before the season starts.

If they played in the EPL or Championship, they would get slaughtered every week as the pace in English football is much faster than Scotland.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 14:42   #394
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
The only reason why Celtic will win the title again - is that there is no longer any competition for them in Scotland. So each term just Celtic the title before the season starts.

If they played in the EPL or Championship, they would get slaughtered every week as the pace in English football is much faster than Scotland.
If Celtic had access to the Sky money that other EPL clubs have they would be challenging for the title. By any other criteria Glasgow Celtic football Club are a far larger Club than the majority of those currently in the EPL ; including those perennial bottlers Tottenham
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 15:02   #395
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
If Celtic had access to the Sky money that other EPL clubs have they would be challenging for the title. By any other criteria Glasgow Celtic football Club are a far larger Club than the majority of those currently in the EPL ; including those perennial bottlers Tottenham
He's a troll London Road, always bangin on about how bad Celtic are despite being a "neutral" and the evidence of us beating European top sides and indeed English sides in UEFA competitions in recent times. Ignore facility is your friend.
Old 07-04-2013, 18:32   #396
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Celtic used to be a great side, and yes l used to cheer for them. But they will only be second raters in Scottish football, you can blame the Scottish FA for the downfall of Scottish Football for getting ride of Rangers and the old firm games.

Thats it have a dig at Tottenham, at least we sre doing well.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 18:48   #397
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But have they won anything since 2007-08?

Last time they won the League was over 50 years ago....

My apologies, Arthur - apparently Spurs won the Asia Cup (China) 2009, beating Hull City 3-0.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 21:15   #398
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Fantastic today
And with 3000 celtic fans in one place crime plummeted across the rest of the city.

On a serious note a lot of the pictures of the protest had SNP banners in the crowd. What were they doing there if the protest was against a piece of SNP legislation?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 21:33   #399
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
And with 3000 celtic fans in one place crime plummeted across the rest of the city.

On a serious note a lot of the pictures of the protest had SNP banners in the crowd. What were they doing there if the protest was against a piece of SNP legislation?
This old boy should explain the use of the SNP logo

Actually have to praise your colleagues for yesterday Derek. The understated presence of the police went well with what was a peaceful protest.
Old 07-04-2013, 21:51   #400
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This old boy should explain the use of the SNP logo.
Ah that probably explains it. It was a zoomed out shot and you couldn't make out the logo.
Old 07-04-2013, 21:59   #401
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
This old boy should explain the use of the SNP logo

Actually have to praise your colleagues for yesterday Derek. The understated presence of the police went well with what was a peaceful protest.
I'm wondering why this thug wasn't arrested. Potentialy 3 offensive weapons in his possession. Those lips are the sort of lips that could easily form offensive sounding words and there's probably an offensive banner in that bag too.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 22:02   #402
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
I'm wondering why this thug wasn't arrested. Potentialy 3 offensive weapons in his possession. Those lips are the sort of lips that could easily form offensive sounding words and there's probably an offensive banner in that bag too.
Not that I'm going to give my opinion on the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012 on a public forum but don't go giving them ideas for the inevitable amendments.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52   #403
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Not that I'm going to give my opinion on the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012 on a public forum but don't go giving them ideas for the inevitable amendments.
So you aren't willing to share your thoughts on that but you will make rather bigoted comments relating to Celtic and your hate for them as a Rangers 'supporter'?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54   #404
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So you aren't willing to share your thoughts on that but you will make rather bigoted comments relating to Celtic and your hate for them as a Rangers 'supporter'?
I'd like you to show me where I've ever made a bigoted comment against celtic fans. Do I dislike their manager and certain sections of their support? Yes, and that's based on their actions and my experiences of them.

But hatred of an entire support based purely on my support for another team? That's just fantasy and absurd.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Anyway back to reality and the absurd league reconstruction attempt looks doomed to failure with St. Mirren openly saying they will vote against it and Ross County going the same way.
Old 08-04-2013, 13:21   #405
Henkesghost
Sceptic