Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Information?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Information?

Old 19-01-2017, 15:33   #1
Bigbean
Inactive

Bigbean is an unknown quantity at this point
Information?

Does anyone have (Maybe a link to a .pdf) a copy of the instructions / guidance / training information

etc

That a VM installer uses as his direction when they carryout an install

Please

Should the incoming Siamese cable be buried in the ground or festooned along the ground plus in a privet hedge?

Should cable be lead diagonally across a white painted rendered wall?

Should a drilled hole in a wall be fed from inside to outside blowing a significant hole in a rendered wall????

Can anyone assist?
Bigbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2017, 17:49   #2
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: Information!

I would assume you're implying your install isn't up to a decent standard. If that's the case the only way to get this resolved would be to ring up customer services and make them aware.
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 18:36   #3
Bigbean
Inactive

Hi
Yes
Understood - but
I'd like to know ahead of making a complaint what is acceptable
When I worked for them the cable should have been buried
is that not the case now?
(for example)
Hence i wondered what docs exist ' out there' i could refer to?

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

ps - it was 10 years ago
Old 19-01-2017, 18:59   #4
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Installs wasn't my strong point so I'm not the best person to answer that. But in regards to should the cable be buried, my opinion would be it all depends what practical on that particular job. In regards to documents, I doubt there will be any out on the web, as any technical documents should be classed as internal. Call up, ask for a manager to attend your property and between the 2 of you I'm sure you'll get any issues resolved
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 19:06   #5
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Welcome to the forum.

I assume there was some guidance to the operatives.

The original NTL installs in my area were buried in a small (~1.5") green ribby conduit. Later ones seem to be tacked to walls, fences etc. They drilled from inside the property for cable access with the omni-box mounted directly outside so that the cable entered from inside the box. Telephone cable was routed outside the property and accessed through a door frame.
Old 19-01-2017, 19:06   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our external cables were buried in a plastic conduit pipe. All others around here since have been (badly) tacked to garden and house walls.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 19:28   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

There is guidance, but that's really not the point. If you aren't happy with the job, complain and get them out to fix it.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 09:28   #8
Bigbean
Inactive

Re: Information?

Cheers all
Thanks

(My weekend job!)