Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports for free?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Sports for free?

Old 13-01-2017, 19:39   #1
ernest22
Inactive

ernest22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky Sports for free?

I've been a virgin TV subscriber for several years, but have only occasionally paid for Sky sports, the last time was 7 months ago. I have just noticed that I can access all the Sky sports channels in SD, despite not being currently being subscribed. I can't get them in HD though. Is this standard now?
ernest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2017, 19:56   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Sky Sports for free?

From email I received on Wed.
Quote:
Hello,

Get in there – we’ve specially handpicked you to enjoy Sky Sports at no extra cost, from today and for the next 6 weeks.

We’ve already added the Sky Sports channels to your line-up, so the only finger you’ll need to lift is the one that finds ‘sport’ on your Virgin TV box. You won’t be charged a penny to watch these extra channels, and if you don’t want the channels at the end of the 6 weeks, they’ll automatically come off your package.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 20:03   #3
ernest22
Inactive

Thanks for that nomadking. Have you got the channels in HD though?
Old 13-01-2017, 20:23   #4
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest22 View Post
Thanks for that nomadking. Have you got the channels in HD though?
No. I assume that would come if I had Sky Movies and the HD premium. I used to, but not at the moment.
Old 14-01-2017, 09:37   #5
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

We got the email today, but just checked and not been update, just rebooted the box and no Sky Sports.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:40   #6
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I wonder if those of us who pay for Sky Sports will be refunded?

I won't hold my breath
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:43   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
We got the email today, but just checked and not been update, just rebooted the box and no Sky Sports.
Have you checked the SD channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I wonder if those of us who pay for Sky Sports will be refunded?

I won't hold my breath
You obviously won't be one of the "chosen ones", so it won't matter.
Old 14-01-2017, 09:47   #8
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Yes they all greyed out and when I select it, it say subscribe or cancel.
Both of our Tivo boxes are the same.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 13:15   #9
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post

You obviously won't be one of the "chosen ones", so it won't matter.
I disagree that it doesn't matter. Yes it's understandable that Virgin try to attract new customers to different packages with incentives like this. However there is never a bonus for existing long term customers that are forking out £100+ per month such as your sky sports free for a month. Norm seems to be 2 or 3 price rises a year without any extra content for existing customers.
Old 14-01-2017, 13:35   #10
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just been upgraded to Sky sports for 6 weeks also.What i want to know is,do we have to inform them to cancel after 6 weeks or will it stop automatically?
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 13:36   #11
ernest22
Inactive

Trublue, have you got in HD?
Old 14-01-2017, 13:38   #12
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
I have just been upgraded to Sky sports for 6 weeks also.What i want to know is,do we have to inform them to cancel after 6 weeks or will it stop automatically?
From the email.
Quote:
and if you don’t want the channels at the end of the 6 weeks, they’ll automatically come off your package.
Old 14-01-2017, 13:47   #13
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest22 View Post
Trublue, have you got in HD?
No,SD only.

nomadking

Thanks,I read the email twice,but just didn't see it.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 15:55   #14
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I've got them as well but no email informing me
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 15:25   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Got it before the E mail SD only