Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 22:28   #781
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
So it's his fault that someone tried to shoot him?
No one tried to shoot him. The guy was a protestor. Someone else shouted out 'gun' and then the confusion happened.
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2016, 23:30   #782
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I can't help wondering about how the next election in 4 years can top this one...
Old 07-11-2016, 00:00   #783
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Apparently these e-mails were duplicates of the ones they've already investigated (i.e they had them from Clinton's server).
Still, when did this news story break? 3 hours ago. Interesting how the top trending stuff on Facebook at the moment has Barack Obama, Clinton Foundation and Julian Assange, all at 1 Million people discussing this. Oh the Irony.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:15   #784
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I wonder what the US electorate would have made of JFK's* antics had wikileaks been around at the time. Mind you he was charming and looked good in a sharp suit...

* and a fair few other presidents
Still he should be remembered as the man that denied the CIA of their utterly horrendous idea of killing their own citizens to start a war. If that was public knowledge at the time he'd have been untouchable and the CIA would've been burnt to the ground. Its now a theory that he paid with his life for that decision. My thoughts are I don't believe LHO killed him or LHO did pull the trigger but never acted alone, I'm completely uncertain on what actually happened and what to believe. Its probably the only conspiracy out there with theories that could later be true.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-11-2016 at 01:19.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:16   #785
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Another batch of emails released from Wikileaks.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails...6#searchresult

Last edited by Jimmy-J; 07-11-2016 at 04:08. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2016, 05:55   #786
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Still, when did this news story break? 3 hours ago. Interesting how the top trending stuff on Facebook at the moment has Barack Obama, Clinton Foundation and Julian Assange, all at 1 Million people discussing this. Oh the Irony.
Facebook trends are personalised. What people will see is somewhat dependent on their friends list, pages they liked etc.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:24   #787
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Facebook trends are personalised. What people will see is somewhat dependent on their friends list, pages they liked etc.
Doesn't remove the fact that they are top trending and the new FBI investigation update, wasn't at the time of my earlier post. Shows what people are mostly talking about. Although since my post last night, Comey is now showing 1 Million 'talking about this'.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:44   #788
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Doesn't remove the fact that they are top trending and the new FBI investigation update, wasn't at the time of my earlier post. Shows what people are mostly talking about. Although since my post last night, Comey is now showing 1 Million 'talking about this'.
Yes but it also means other users will be seeing different things. Facebook is a bubble, it does not reflect wider society. If I was to go by my social network feed then Clinton would win in a blowout, Remain would have won and Ed Miliband would be Prime Minister.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:10   #789
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Yes but it also means other users will be seeing different things. Facebook is a bubble, it does not reflect wider society. If I was to go by my social network feed then Clinton would win in a blowout, Remain would have won and Ed Miliband would be Prime Minister.
I never said anything about 'winning' Damien, it's about what is being talked about the most across the Facebook platform.

This is from Facebook itself:

Quote:
Trending shows you a list of topics and hashtags that have recently spiked in popularity on Facebook. This list is personalized based on a number of factors, including Pages you've liked, your location and what's trending across Facebook.
So it does trend what is across the whole of Facebook. Not just redundant to what I like or my friends.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:16   #790
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

It literally says just above then it you had in bold that it's personalised. For example I am just seeing sports stuff this morning.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:48   #791
Mr Banana

What Obama said when a trump supporter turned up and what Trump claims Obama did

Watch the videos but its pretty clear Trump is a liar

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-disgrace.html

Last edited by Mr Banana; 07-11-2016 at 09:52.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:55   #792
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
What Obama said when a trump supporter turned up and what Trump claims Obama did

Watch the videos but its pretty clear Trump is a liar

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-disgrace.html
Old 07-11-2016, 10:04   #793
Mr Banana

Quote:
Come on Mick, watch the videos, did Trump lie or not?

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/...protester.html

Old 07-11-2016, 11:36   #794
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Come on Mick, watch the videos, did Trump lie or not?

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/...protester.html
You're about 3 days behind the times hence why I fell asleep

He did, he got that fundamentally wrong and I put that down to him not actually watching it and or interpreting it right either that or the campaign team have and they have not read the situation right either and fed him duff information.

Vast majority of Trump supporters, are anti-Obama, so he's feeding them a narrative, telling them what they want to hear. I don't think it would have fitted in with their agenda, Trump praising Obama. Trump wins supporters, I guess by dissing the current serving President and Hillary, which let's face it, the pair do not have a good track records while in Office.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:59   #795
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I hate negative campaigning and would be more reluctant to vote for anyone who spent their time denigrating their opponents that stating what they want to positively do. Other agree and is likely one reason our local MP retained his seat with increased majority.
Would be fun if the American public went out and voted for one of the "others" en-mass. Just to see the look on the faces of both Trump and Clinton when neither get in.