Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky announces Now TV set-top box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky announces Now TV set-top box

Old 31-07-2013, 21:43   #46
tizmeinnit

Re: Sky announces Now TV set-top box

Good news Side Loading works. However you can only use one dev channel at a time but at least you can

http://www.strayed.co.uk/2013/07/29/...-a-now-tv-box/
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19   #47
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I got the sky one and the roku box this morning, of to play now ;-)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:54   #48
tizmeinnit

cool dude mine come today too
Old 01-08-2013, 14:14   #49
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I went straight to the roku box and must admit I'm very impressed, had a couple of problems with demand 5 and usnowtv but it's all sorted now. I'm surprised there's no YouTube channel though.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Now to see if my BT unlimited really is just that
Old 10-08-2013, 13:06   #50
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I know have my Now TV Box. What have people started using theirs for and if for streaming how have you set it up?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 16:24   #51
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

how are people getting on with their boxes?

My dad uses his nowtv one. I use my roku box on a daily basis and think it's great.

I do have the occasional issue with demand 5 though.

I just wish there as an official youtube app.
Old 20-08-2013, 17:29   #52
tizmeinnit

I use the Plex App every day pretty much and have added Youtube to it. There are other apps you can sideload but it only allows one at a time. There is a code the nowtv just refuses to give up that allows syncing it with Roku but its well worth the tenner
Old 20-08-2013, 22:48   #53
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

It doesn't seem to work with the Virgin Media Superhub 2, I have tried to secret menu and turning of pings but it still won't connect. Getting BT infinity installed next week so I have held off sending it back in the hope it works with a BT Homehub 4.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 18:00   #54
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Not opened mine yet
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 16:20   #55
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now TV box to be available from today in high Street shops with 4oD and other channels to be added before the end of the year.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/now-...vies-50012495/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 16:54   #56
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Still not opened it.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 10:02   #57
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Nice one MM
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 18:10   #58
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Does anyone know where I can get the Netflix source code to side load it?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 10:47   #59
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now TV , Entertainment section now launched

Quote:
Internet TV takes another major step forward today as some of the UK’s most popular entertainment channels join NOW TV as part of a brand new, pay-as-you-go service.
The new NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass offers a simple, instant and contract-free way to access ten top subscription TV channels: Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1, Discovery, MTV, Comedy Central, GOLD, Disney and FOX. It allows customers to stream shows live and on demand on a pay-as-you-go basis - and all at an introductory price of just £4.99 a month.Internet TV takes another major step forward today as some of the UK’s most popular entertainment channels join NOW TV as part of a brand new, pay-as-you-go service.
The new NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass offers a simple, instant and contract-free way to access ten top subscription TV channels: Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1, Discovery, MTV, Comedy Central, GOLD, Disney and FOX. It allows customers to stream shows live and on demand on a pay-as-you-go basis - and all at an introductory price of just £4.99 a month.
http://corporate.sky.com/media/press...s_you_go_basis

http://watch.nowtv.com/entertainment
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:34   #60
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I ordered one of these yesterday, and tried it on my laptop till I get it.
I'm a bit annoyed that there's no voucher codes to get it for £1 a month for 3 months and such like a lot of others have had. but I suppose I can just re-register with other cards to get a few months for free.

I noticed it won't work on jailbroken ipads and such, which is a shame as I could link the account to my niece and nephews ipads when I jailbreak them.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

LOL I've been adding devices and taking some off, and now I'm left with "You've used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices"

so now I just have my laptop linked to the account, and it looks like I won't be able to add the box itself when I get it!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote