Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4G on Virgin, am I going to waste my money?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

4G on Virgin, am I going to waste my money?

Old 20-12-2015, 00:52   #16
PsyCrow
Inactive

PsyCrow is on a distinguished roadPsyCrow is on a distinguished road
Re: 4G on Virgin, am I going to waste my money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyCrow View Post
Spoke to salesman on the phone earlier today and he claimed 4G should be available in November. He said something about a computer upgrade coming then and Virgin Media providing the fiber optic network for EE. He also said there wouldn't be additional charge for using it.

Not sure whether to take with a pinch of salt or a whole handful.
November is a distant memory but no 4G. Not surprised.
PsyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2016, 10:38   #17
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

CS told me 3 years ago that 4G would be on VM 'in a few months' so I ended up being duped into staying with Virgin Mobile.

It won't happen again because when my contract is up in April I'm off to a rival carrier.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:34   #18
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
CS told me 3 years ago that 4G would be on VM 'in a few months' so I ended up being duped into staying with Virgin Mobile.

It won't happen again because when my contract is up in April I'm off to a rival carrier.
Well my contract has ended now. Still no 4G so I have joined Three after readimg about their 'Feel At Home' free roaming data.

Just wondering if I need to notify Virgin mobile to cancel my old number. The wife and kids have phones on my account.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:08   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If you don't want the number and want to stop paying for it. Then yes you need to notify them.
Old 07-12-2016, 14:38   #20
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I might go back to Virgin mobile next April now that they have 4G at long last. Also,they might have a bigger selection of phones that have the 'Telly Tablet' deal by then.