Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula E -Season 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula E -Season 2014

Old 14-09-2014, 15:40   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Formula E -Season 2014

Just sitting down to watch the first race. Anyone have comments about this new form of Motorsport?
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2014, 15:51   #2
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula E -S eason 2014

I posted something in the f1 thread, i'll copy it here when you've finished as it contains spoilers! Enjoy the race!
Old 14-09-2014, 17:14   #3
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula E -S eason 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I posted something in the f1 thread, i'll copy it here when you've finished as it contains spoilers! Enjoy the race!
Old 14-09-2014, 20:07   #4
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula E -Season 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
You know when they show the drivers in their cars with their helmets on and you can only see their eyes and nose? Looking at Nico Prost on the grid yesterday it was scary how much he looked like his dad. Got me a bit choked.

Did anybody watch it? I was a little underwhelmed if I'm honest. Fortunately the fan-boost didn't seem to have much effect, and it certainly wasn't made obvious when it was being used - I had feared some sort of fanfare. Hopefully that will quietly die a death now. The track was very poor, but I suppose that's the trade-off if you want to race in iconic cities. Hopefully this series will put an end to talk of a London f1 Grand Prix. The cars look awesome, and there was some good racing in midfield. Also nice to see the top half so close at the end of the race, but I'm sure that will go with development next year. Any drama in the pit stops has been lost, and if anything the series shows the limitations of the batteries. Had we not had the safety car I think some would have struggled to make the end. Had it not been for the crash at the end, which we can say was stunning because nobody was hurt, there wouldn't have been a lot to say for this race.

We'll see, i'll certainly give it more time.
I posted this on the f1 thread. What did you think.
Old 15-09-2014, 10:46   #5
alferret
cf.mega poster

I watched a couple of programme on formula E last weekend and found it interesting, the race, honestly I feel asleep. Having to manage the cars power output so the race wasn't flat out for the 25 laps and made it seem like a slow, sedate Sunday afternoon drive.
In its current guise I don't see the series lasting long and changes need to be made to make it more appealing to armchair viewers.
I'm sure that live is a spectacle and a worthy day out as you get practice, qually and the race all on the same day. Watching from home it's too short and too slow. Add to that the 8 weeks or so before the next round interest will wain and no doubt I'll forget it's on.
Old 15-09-2014, 11:52   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster

I'm caught between thinking that smog covered Beijing was an inspired choice for the first round of an electric car series and thinking that the compromises that had to be made with the track meant they should have gone elsewhere. The Malaysian track looks a lot better, especially that last curve into the start/finish straight, so I'll certainly watch the next round. I'm also hoping that as the series progresses they'll find some speed and keep the cars all out and on track for longer - they must have one of the most talented driver lineups outside of f1 so the potential is there.
Old 08-12-2014, 16:05   #7
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Jean-Eric Vergne has picked up a drive for Andretti this weekend. Toro Rosso have almost provided formula e with as many drivers as they have Red Bull!
Old 28-02-2015, 21:16   #8
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I notice that most of the drivers in this are former F1 drivers. I assume they weren't good enough for the proper F1 but seem to be excelling in Formula E.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 16:28   #9
andy_m
cf.mega poster

I must admit I haven't been able to maintain much of an interest in this series after my initial enthusiasm, but there are some very good drivers in that field, and actually it's strengthened as the season has gone on - some of the starting race drivers are now their team's reserves. As for your initial point I'd say you're right, but you have to factor in the effect that finances have had on f1. I'd argue that JEV should be in f1 over the likes of Maldonado, for example.
Old 01-03-2015, 16:45   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Trouble is this isn't very well advertised
Old 14-08-2015, 16:15   #11
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

New thread or a change in title for a mega-thread?

Here are free tickets to Donington testing + comp and discounts

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fiaformulae-london/
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote