Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin telly tablet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin telly tablet

Old 22-09-2017, 01:04   #1
keyworthowl
Inactive

keyworthowl is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin telly tablet

I got my new telly tablet today, and managed to successfully register the new device for TV Anywhere. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the Sky Sports and Cinema android apps, and tried to watch a sports channel, (I do have the necessary subscriptions) I am informed that the device is not registered. I thought that this happened automatically when the device is registered for TV anywhere. Any advice would be appreciated.
keyworthowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2017, 12:31   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin telly tablet

The registration systems are separate.
You need to register separately for the Sky apps.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 13:08   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

But for Sky apps the registration should happen automatically when you stream content for the first time in the app.
Old 22-09-2017, 18:25   #4
keyworthowl
Inactive

keyworthowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. I know that the registration should be automatic when the device is successfully registered for TV-Anywhere, but unfortunately it hasn't happened
keyworthowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 14:24   #5
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My son wants one of these for his Christmas and I was wondering can you stream this to chromecast. Does anyone recommend this or would I be better trying to talk him into sticking with his tablet.

The main reason he wants this is we have V6 box in the living room and his brother has tivo in his room my son say's that this will let him watch shows that is included in our package without the need of having to get a box in his room is this correct. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by weenie; 02-10-2017 at 14:28.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 15:00   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The Telly Tablet is an Android tablet. Any Android app that'll support Chromecast will work.

However neither TV Anywhere or the Sky apps currently support Chromecast.
Old 02-10-2017, 15:09   #7
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thank you, although I still think it is a waste of money and would be better getting a extra box put in his room but for some reason he does not that.