Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GPU same per as Nvidua 1070 but by AMD?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

GPU same per as Nvidua 1070 but by AMD?

Old 10-01-2017, 17:58   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
GPU same per as Nvidua 1070 but by AMD?

Hi,

I am looking for something on the same per as the Nvidia 1070 but by AMD.
As I can't really afford a 1070 at this time.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2017, 18:02   #2
OhReally

Re: GPU same per as Nvidua 1070 but by AMD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
Hi,

I am looking for something on the same per as the Nvidia 1070 but by AMD.
As I can't really afford a 1070 at this time.
Get the 970, unlikely you'll notice much difference if you're gaming.
Old 10-01-2017, 18:18   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

AMD don't have a card equivalent to the 1070 at the moment. The next best thing from them would be an RX 480, it's not as fast as a 1070 but that's reflected in the price.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 18:57   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...480/3609vs3634

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...480/2577vs3634
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 19:34   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

According to several friends, you'd better upgrade your cooling for the newest AMD GPU's.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 19:46   #6
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
According to several friends, you'd better upgrade your cooling for the newest AMD GPU's.
Nothing wrong with the temps on AMD 470 or 480's, they idle at 50C which some people wrongly assume is too hot but they are designed so the fans stop when not in use so they are silent.

Maybe the ones with reference coolers are different but all of the ones with third party coolers are perfectly fine.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Yeah I wouldn't worry about temps that much. I haven't updated my sig because I'm lazy but I switched out for dual 390x's last year and they aren't hydro cooled the way the 295x2 was, they sit at about 57ish here. Waiting for AMD's next move before possibly changing the mobo to Intel support and going for a high end dual nvidia combo. Last time I had an Nvidia card was dual 770's on release, honestly never had a problem with Nvidia over the years. Still love the GT series to this date and have actually kept one of the 1GB 9800gt's

As for experience with AMD, I have a media and family light gaming build with a 270x in that's flawless and quite amazing for the price. However, the 295x2 and these 390's have been a pain in the arse quite often over the past year. I've got these working now but from dodgy drivers causing mayhem with resolutions and specific games just being an absolutely AMD no go.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-01-2017 at 01:52.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:40   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
AMD don't have a card equivalent to the 1070 at the moment. The next best thing from them would be an RX 480, it's not as fast as a 1070 but that's reflected in the price.
I saw a video on Youtube demonstrating the latest AMD Cpus, and I found it surprising they were using Geforce 1080s in the demo rig. This was an official AMD demo rig.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 14:20   #9
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

The thing to bear in mind is what resolution you're playing at. There's no real cost benefit of going North of the GTX970/RX480 if you're just running at 1080p or with multi displays.

I had a 970 in this for a while and didn't feel the need to even consider upgrading it until buying a 2K monitor.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:15   #10
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Another site I post on puts these in order 1060/480/1070 there is a site on facebook that you can usually get stuff cheaper to buy I've been a member for about a month or so now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3222...17005/?fref=nf

Site is called PC and Parts for sale UK...they use PayPal for transactions only they also trouble shoot pc problems
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote