Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

Old 14-09-2005, 11:55   #31
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
If they allowed you, and you would need two bills in two separate names (and some billing systems can do this some cannot). Then you would have two SACMs and two charges, one for each CM on the bill.
Not much point when you can get a router and route the single CM for less than this would cost for a months CM rental (wired) or about 3 months wireless).
yeah thats true but gonna have to find solution to increase quality of connection between belkin router and network as pinging is happening to regular. and i know ! that pinging when playin games from boths pcs will be natural but not to extent of what we get which is both of us get "problem with your connection" message in game and pings of 700++
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2005, 00:51   #32
Dieselboy
Inactive

Dieselboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have exactly the same router and I had the same problem when I tried to connect my new fujitsu laptop to my wireless network.

The problem was with XP's WLAN software - to fix it I installed the Odyssey wireless client software that came on a CD with the laptop and unticked the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" under the wireless connection properties.

My connection hasn't dropped once since.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 13:02   #33
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselboy
I have exactly the same router and I had the same problem when I tried to connect my new fujitsu laptop to my wireless network.

The problem was with XP's WLAN software - to fix it I installed the Odyssey wireless client software that came on a CD with the laptop and unticked the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" under the wireless connection properties.

My connection hasn't dropped once since.
so what would you recommend for me, using wirless and wired over two XP machines.
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 20:31   #34
Blade_Runner
Inactive

Blade_Runner is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same problem as DarronK. I've had my router (Model: F5D7230-4) and wireless card for years and it's only recently started doing this problem. I found this thread while searching for a solution in Google.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Blade_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 20:49   #35
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

If you don't get any useful responses in this thread, I suggest you start a new one as this thread is more than 2 years old
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 21:05   #36
Blade_Runner
Inactive

Blade_Runner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
If you don't get any useful responses in this thread, I suggest you start a new one as this thread is more than 2 years old
Ok thanks I will make a new thread.
Blade_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote