Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-11-2013, 04:50   #211
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The PS4 Thread

Just read that a red line appearing on your console means it's overheating. People are reporting consoles that have done it after 5 minutes. Are they having a laugh though? they expect the console to overheat? Someone said an on board psu was a bad idea....
Old 16-11-2013, 08:32   #212
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

http://community.us.playstation.com/...2503#U42122503

Yep seems to be quite a few issues arising , PSN had also buckled under the strain and users can't download the day one update or play online.
Old 16-11-2013, 16:19   #213
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Loads of problems judging by Amazon reviews assuming they're legit, i hope the X1 doesn't suffer like this.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...owViewpoints=0
Old 16-11-2013, 16:53   #214
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Loads of problems judging by Amazon reviews assuming they're legit, i hope the X1 doesn't suffer like this.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...owViewpoints=0
I have no doubt there will be hardware failures on day one for xbox one , it's just how many , the ps4 failure rate seems quite bad but it's difficult to judge because people don't report that their consoles working they're too busy playing it !! , I'm a little concerned that xbl may be overloaded on day one forcing me to buy disc based media !!!
Old 16-11-2013, 17:40   #215
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I have no doubt there will be hardware failures on day one for xbox one , it's just how many , the ps4 failure rate seems quite bad but it's difficult to judge because people don't report that their consoles working they're too busy playing it !! , I'm a little concerned that xbl may be overloaded on day one forcing me to buy disc based media !!!
I share your worries, i bought the disk based BF4 this gives me something to play incase i can't download the free Forza and Killer instinct as well as Assassins Creed 4 when i find out how much digital versions cost as i would like to get that digital.

Why don't you buy 1 game on disk to tide yourself over incase of xbl disruption, you don't have to open the game so if you're able to download ok you can then return it to the shop for a refund?
Old 16-11-2013, 18:26   #216
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Played on a PS4 again today. Really love the controller but still launch line up leaves a lot to be desired.

Demo units only have playable demos of Fifa 14, Knack, a demo of Playroom and trailers of the other games and videos about the systems and controller.

Killzone demo would have been bettter!
Old 16-11-2013, 20:34   #217
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just browsing around the net alot of posts are coming up saying their PS4 has died too and not all from amazon.

I read somewhere that Amazon have processed over 1000 returns so far.

Not a good launch for Sony at all.
Old 16-11-2013, 20:52   #218
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Not looking too good is it... The perils of launch day consoles.

I'm waiting for the next sku before buying either.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 11:14   #219
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Rumours are flying around Sony have asked Amazon to stop selling the ps4 and Sony have stopped production until the faulty units have been examined, not sure how much truth there is just beware and possibly take with a pinch of salt until something official appears.
Old 17-11-2013, 15:10   #220
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I bet that's BS.

Even if Amazon has process 1000 returns already, Sony has sold *1 million units* during the launch weekend.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 19:43   #221
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I bet that's BS.

Even if Amazon has process 1000 returns already, Sony has sold *1 million units* during the launch weekend.
Have a look at the amazon reviews, ~1000 have given it 5 stars but ~500 have given it 1 star with comments about it either being DOA or dies soon after.

30% is a massive amount.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 19:57   #222
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Here is a list of current PS4 problems some with videos to be aware of.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...entry596107609
Old 17-11-2013, 20:00   #223
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Have a look at the amazon reviews, ~1000 have given it 5 stars but ~500 have given it 1 star with comments about it either being DOA or dies soon after.

30% is a massive amount.
There's a good chance a lot of those reviews are written by people with nothing better to do and don't actually own a ps4
Old 17-11-2013, 20:07   #224
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
There's a good chance a lot of those reviews are written by people with nothing better to do and don't actually own a ps4
Possibly but the issues seem to be pretty widespread, there are the same complaints all over the net atm.

I imagine it'll end up being a small percentage that are DOA and just those that are being vocal but it's not a good start for Sony.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 21:45   #225
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post

30% is a massive amount.

Amazon reviews are generally a load of crap, much like user reviews on Metacritic.

Where are you getting 30% from?

Also, people who are angry or disappointed with a purchase are always more vocal online than those who are happy and satisfied and just getting on with using it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote