Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Old 16-03-2015, 10:56   #136
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I dont think he liked my little car. He smashed one up with a sledgehammer, to show what he thought of it. I love it though, cheap to run and gets me from A-B. Its a Perodua btw
You're in good company, he hates Metro's as well. At least mine is the GTi 16v rather than the old biddy version.
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2015, 11:37   #137
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You're in good company, he hates Metro's as well. At least mine is the GTi 16v rather than the old biddy version.
I used to have the MG Turbo version back in the day and when I went along to Top Gear Live a few years ago he was asking people in the crowd about which car they drive and one person mentioned the MG Turbo. Clarkson screwed his face up and said any kind of Metro was a “festering boil on the rotten sphincter of Satan”.

I might have missed or added a few words there but it’s fairly close to what he said and you got the impression he didn’t like Metros. Ever.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 16:44   #138
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Yep looks like a middle-aged, rich Yorkshire Tory voting man who acts like a teen who thinks he can do and get away with anything while driving expensive cars which we can only dream of owning.
is he still Rich following his divorce?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 18:11   #139
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I prefer the old top gear where the show used to be about general cars...would be nice if they did 2 shows as there isn't anything on the market covering this...have to resort to parkers for car info
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 18:31   #140
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
BBC say Clarkson is like.savile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ke-Savile.html

Not entirely sure about their analogy, I mean ok Clarkson was once in a Morris minor and savile was once in a minor called Morris but that's where the similarities end I think.

Oh and it's being reported on the radio that sources from sky and itv have said they aren't interested in signing Jeremy.
Well Clarkson should sue the person who made that comment I would if anybody compared me to a dirty peado, and give and money to the relevant charities.
Old 16-03-2015, 18:35   #141
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I prefer the old top gear where the show used to be about general cars...would be nice if they did 2 shows as there isn't anything on the market covering this...have to resort to parkers for car info
I too would like a more sensible car show dealing with the sorts of questions and issues ordinary people have when buying cars. Having said that there's a lot of info, reviews etc. on the web now so maybe TV just isn't the place for boring, practical stuff like that...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 19:00   #142
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I too would like a more sensible car show dealing with the sorts of questions and issues ordinary people have when buying cars. Having said that there's a lot of info, reviews etc. on the web now so maybe TV just isn't the place for boring, practical stuff like that...
5th gear ,the original top gear before it was renamed ,now shown on the History channel if you can put up with that annoying bint Vicky Butler Henderson
Old 16-03-2015, 19:15   #143
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Top Gear's appeal is it's audacity, their stunts and their hosts. Doing their races across countries, provoking locals in Argentina or the American south, reviewing a Ford Fiesta by doing an assault on a breach with the army or blowing stuff up. When they reviewed Tesla they said it ran out of battery and got sued by Tesla, they have diagnostics which showed it still had over half a charge left, but the judge threw it up as it's not a factual program.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 08:41   #144
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
5th gear ,the original top gear before it was renamed ,now shown on the History channel if you can put up with that annoying bint Vicky Butler Henderson
All teeth and squeals she is...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 10:48   #145
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
The problem is that the general public don't seem to want a serious programme about cars people can reasonably afford. They'd be reviewing Focuses, Astras, Civics and Yarises the whole time, which would bore most of the public. Clearly, it did. When Top Gear was a serious car programme, they got viewing figures so low that the programme was axed.

I like Top Gear, and I personally don't think of it as a car programme as such. For me, it's about watching three middle aged men making complete arses of themselves and taking the mickey out of each other.

Going back to Jeremy, I don't know what happened. I think what happened is that he got to the hotel, found no hot food and shouted at a producer. I say I think this is what happened as I find it odd that none of the papers have published a photo of the producer with any kind of injury. Even if the UK papers have not published a photo, Jeremy has been papped before, so I would have thought a foreign paper would have published them.

I also think there is a faction in the BBC trying to get him out. They can't easily remove him at the moment because he brings in a *lot* of money, but there have been things leaked that could only have come from within the BBC.

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending him. If he did hit the producer, he deserves whatever punishment the BBC rules, and the law require. There can be no excuse for violence in the workplace, and I speak as someone who was once hit round the head by their boss (thankfully one of our directors was standing behind her, called my boss to her office and offered two choices - resign or go through the company disciplinary procedure, then called me into her office and offered to help me if I wished to press charges, which I didn't).

If he did just shout at a producer, that, depending on what was said, may also require disciplinary action, but it may not.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 11:49   #146
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I speak as someone who was once hit round the head by their boss (thankfully one of our directors was standing behind her, called my boss to her office and offered two choices - resign or go through the company disciplinary procedure, then called me into her office and offered to help me if I wished to press charges, which I didn't).
You pansy. You should have smacked her in the gob .
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 15:05   #147
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
is he still Rich following his divorce?

Don't really care if he is.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 07:57   #148
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Jeremy Clarkson's waiter tells the real story of what happened!

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 15:25   #149
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Clarkson needs to grow up.
crying because he can't have steak!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 15:29   #150
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

That guys teeth had me spellbound. I bet what really happened wasn't half as entertaining.