Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2013/14 & Summer Window
Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2013, 17:32   #136
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's alright as it must be 8 or 9 years since a certain team ran round with some silverware in its hands.
Our time will come again. Doing the right thing always gets rewards

Quote:
Yes its nice being in the Champions league but its even nicer when your team has won it 5 times whilst Arsenal have won it how many times is the question for today.
Our time will come
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2013, 17:36   #137
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Arsenal keep sneaking into 4th tho. They cannot afford to continue regressing. Especially if spurs sell bale and buy 2 quality players in return.

As for newspapers not revealing sources. Why would they? I have no prob with that.

Someone mentioned isco. It's true that he has offer from city and Madrid and has to choose. At city he would start straight away at Madrid fight with ozil.
Old 31-05-2013, 17:41   #138
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Its more to do with what Arsenal were achieving not so long ago, consistently winning trophies, league titles, going a season unbeaten. Now getting 4th is a massive achievement. As i said before, for teams like Spurs its different, they are progressing so Champions league is a big achievement, Arsenal are going backwards.
I agree with you. Arsenal were soo close to the league title in 08
Old 31-05-2013, 17:42   #139
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post

Someone mentioned isco. It's true that he has offer from city and Madrid and has to choose. At city he would start straight away at Madrid fight with ozil.
My money's on isco if it is a fight with Ozil..he looks wiry
Old 31-05-2013, 17:43   #140
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I'm not arguing with you. Merely watching the posts

I'm just defending the club I support even if I don't agree with choices made.
Old 31-05-2013, 17:48   #141
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post

I'm just defending the club I support even if I don't agree with choices made.
Keep it up bud as this is a forum of many opinions and l do like you and Colin as a double team.
Old 31-05-2013, 18:18   #142
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Arsenal keep sneaking into 4th tho. They cannot afford to continue regressing. Especially if spurs sell bale and buy 2 quality players in return.

As for newspapers not revealing sources. Why would they? I have no prob with that.

Absolutely. Time to spend some money!

Will Levy allow all the funds from the Bale sale to be used on new players? I don't think so. He want a new stadium.

Its about finding the stories that hold weight. Your list which you posted of players going here or there has been posted by me already, not in list form but over the past few months they have all been reported heavily/by worthy people/papers.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Quote:
Keep it up bud as this is a forum of many opinions and l do like you and Colin as a double team.
I told him he can only be my friend if City take Bendter and co, the useless crap on Arsenals books

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Gervinho says he will remain at Arsenal next year

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...enal-next-year
the next Messi

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

ha Gooners at o2

Quote:
O2 in the UK ‏@O2
Yes, that often.

6:01 PM - 31 May 13
https://twitter.com/O2/status/340513419834818560
Old 31-05-2013, 18:25   #143
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Absolutely. Time to spend some money!

Will Levy allow all the funds from the Bale sale to be used on new players? I don't think so. He want a new stadium.

Its about finding the stories that hold weight. Your list which you posted of players going here or there has been posted by me already, not in list form but over the past few months they have all been reported heavily/by worthy people/papers
Sorry didn't read back pages and pages. That list is pretty nailed on isn't it?

Interesting about Levy. He'll try and drag it out as long as possible meaning any potential targets will prob get impatient and move on. They definitely need a striker though. I wouldn't want to rely on Adebayor!

I just don't think Arsenal will spend any money. Or not enough, they'll go for Podolski types and Giroud, when they should go for real quality. A lot of talk of Jovetic, I don't know how good he is.

I don't buy the people who claim Wenger is on some crusade to build a team from a £0 net spend. It's the club not having or willing to use funds.
Old 31-05-2013, 18:34   #144
thenry
Inactive

Wengers under pressure. If no money is spent then he'll get no new contract. Hes a very very proud man, Wenger wont want to be thrown out of Arsenal for not competing lol The fans will go nuts if Arsenes given a new contract while we continue to decline for yet another year all the while having 100m to spend. I reckon things will happen this summer.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Official: Falcao to Monaco

http://www.asm-fc.com/en/news/team/a...radamel-falcao
"a pipe dream"
Old 31-05-2013, 18:46   #145
coulsontom
Inactive

I don't see why Arsenal not spending money and whether Wenger gets a new contract being linked?

Arsenal can afford to increase their expenditure by £45 if they keep income other than TV deal the same. (*EDIT: And Profit's would be 0/break-even)

That equates to 2 £30m players on £200k a week and 1 £25m player on £150k a week. All on 5-year deals.

Who do you want?
Old 31-05-2013, 18:56   #146
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It should be said Arsenal aren't very open about their finances and what there is for transfers. It's only what people infer from the accounts but we don't know how much is actually allowed to be spent, certainly wouldn't be all of it.

We'll see. £70 million seems about right...
Old 31-05-2013, 19:46   #147
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
I don't see why Arsenal not spending money and whether Wenger gets a new contract being linked?

Arsenal can afford to increase their expenditure by £45 if they keep income other than TV deal the same. (*EDIT: And Profit's would be 0/break-even)

That equates to 2 £30m players on £200k a week and 1 £25m player on £150k a week. All on 5-year deals.

Who do you want?
its linked becasue fans are peed off and there will be a crapstorm if Wenegrs given a new contract while spending little towards progression. you just have to look at TheSun printing a made up story that got everyone annoyed, even Wenger himself. the pressure is there, its clear to see.

There will be more movement in revenue than just TV, 1 example being the early Emirates renewal payment kicking in.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It should be said Arsenal aren't very open about their finances and what there is for transfers. It's only what people infer from the accounts but we don't know how much is actually allowed to be spent, certainly wouldn't be all of it.

We'll see. £70 million seems about right...
Of course only those inside the 'circle' if you like only know how much and so on and of course everything in the bank wont be allowed to be spent but to say 70 m only, thats pathetic. half of whats in the bank. its not even a sensible move at this point considering the hike in revenue thats coming.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
Man City and Sevilla have an agreement for Jesus Navas

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/...83_177340.html
Old 31-05-2013, 20:01   #148
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

You have to laugh at roy hodgson's dancing at Rio welcome...white man has no rhythm
Old 31-05-2013, 20:07   #149
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
You have to laugh at roy hodgson's dancing at Rio welcome...white man has no rhythm
Perhaps you could give us a Scottish jig or two in your kilt dear chap.
Old 31-05-2013, 20:29   #150
coulsontom
Inactive

But thenry, if arsenal don't spend and fans give it to wenger and he goes then next man still won't spend if that's club policy. So you'd be worse off with lesser manager prob.
Closed Thread