Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 23-02-2014, 10:00   #1876
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have just had a black screen of death on the X1, i pressed the Home button while BF4 was loading, the only way to get rid of the black screen was to do a hard reboot by holding down the power button on the console for several seconds.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Err hey i just got out of bed!
Just had another black screen pressing the Home button while in BF4!
Old 23-02-2014, 10:23   #1877
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

TV judder 50Hz issue will be fixed in the upcoming update. This is from the Xbox beta forums

Quote:
Customers that have cable, satellite, or TV set top boxes which output 50Hz can now configure Live TV for optimal performance. In order to configure this setting, follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

3. Select Troubleshooting

4. Select Video

5. Select Enable 50Hz to enable this setting.

Please try out this new configuration setting and give us your feedback on your experience.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 11:57   #1878
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I will be happy if the judder gets fixed! Next up sort out the lack of streaming from network drives and hopefully get more 1080p games with an SDK update, hopefully we don't have to wait several months for this.
Old 23-02-2014, 12:06   #1879
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
I will be happy if the judder gets fixed! Next up sort out the lack of streaming from network drives and hopefully get more 1080p games with an SDK update, hopefully we don't have to wait several months for this.
Some arcade games are 1080p like Strider for example
Old 23-02-2014, 12:17   #1880
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Some arcade games are 1080p like Strider for example
Yes that is arcade though, i want/need AAA games to be 1080p or i will end up getting a PS4 if it becomes clear the X1 still can't do it after 3 months.
Old 23-02-2014, 12:40   #1881
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Yes that is arcade though, i want/need AAA games to be 1080p or i will end up getting a PS4 if it becomes clear the X1 still can't do it after 3 months.
It will happen im 100% sure it will. This new SDK will solve the issue IMO
Old 23-02-2014, 13:46   #1882
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Forza is 1080p isn't it? Don't think it needs an SDK update just programmers willing to make the effort.
Old 23-02-2014, 14:59   #1883
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Forza is 1080p isn't it? Don't think it needs an SDK update just programmers willing to make the effort.
Games like Forza are completely different to games like AC, COD and Battlefield, the issue is the 32MB of esram isn't enough for the large 1080p textures along with esram being difficult to use efficiently, however the rumoured SDK update is said to solve this issue with 1080p games going by 1 developer, i just hope they're correct as a good 90% of multiplatform games are consistently running native at 60fps on the PS4 compared to 720p on the X1 and the difference is obvious.

Quote:
They (Microsoft) are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines.
http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-...re-1080p-games
Old 23-02-2014, 15:34   #1884
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
TV judder 50Hz issue will be fixed in the upcoming update. This is from the Xbox beta forums

Nice

I don't suppose you could provide them feedback asking if they're also going to fix PAL DVD playback too, given that that suffers the same 50Hz issue?

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

No beta invite for me

-------

I started playing Ryse last night. I'm actually enjoying it so far!

The combat is quite repetitive, and there only seem to be three different types of filthy British Barbarian but the story is interesting enough to keep me going, plus there are enough cutscenes to break up the combat.

The only other hack 'n' slash I've played that I actually enjoyed was Heavenly Sword, because the characters, story, and voice acting were all good. I found God of War boring, DMC4 boring, and Ninja Gaiden boring plus frustrating!

I played up to part-way through chapter 4 last night in one sitting. Done the beach landing ("Saving Private Marius"), and signed off at the start of the York bit.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 15:49   #1885
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I don't suppose you could provide them feedback asking if they're also going to fix PAL DVD playback too, given that that suffers the same 50Hz issue?
Once the boards have opened for feedback i will
Old 24-02-2014, 14:29   #1886
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Some good news for people still waiting to pick up an Xbox One.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...y-of-titanfall

Quote:
Xbox One gets price cut to £399 – with free copy of Titanfall
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 14:56   #1887
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Some good news for people still waiting to pick up an Xbox One.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...y-of-titanfall
Is the price cut only for the TitanFall bundle or is it on all Xbox One console ordres?
Old 24-02-2014, 16:12   #1888
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

For everyone that plays BF4 you can get today only 24th Feb a handguns shortcut for free, you will find it in the store on the X1.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
Is the price cut only for the TitanFall bundle or is it on all Xbox One console ordres?
Not sure, but for anyone wanting an X1 and Titanfall this is a good deal, i can't see the price rising though.
Old 24-02-2014, 19:13   #1889
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Where are you seeing that?
http://www.game.co.uk/en/minecraft-x...edition-228458
Old 24-02-2014, 19:16   #1890
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Its still on pre order so could be a price holder and price may go down nearer release time