Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2016/2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2016/2017

Old 27-05-2017, 20:45   #1261
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It wasn't offside, he got that decision right.
Ramsey very clearly interferes with the play, in fact he takes nearly 4 strides and goes to Volley the ball before stopping, baring in mind he's barely 8 yards from the net against a keeper that has then set himself for the Volley.

By FIFA's own laws, Ramsey was

Quote:
clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or
making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
There's literally no argument. If Ramsey is heading off on his bike then it's fair game, he's not though, he's playing the ball. It's not even a hard decision to call, the linesman got it right instantly.

I don't begrudge the Arsenal win, Chelsea were pants before and after that decision. I'm just absolutely oblivious to what the referee has used to justify overturning a pretty simple decision.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-05-2017 at 20:55.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2017, 20:55   #1262
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Meh. I think it wasn't a goal because of the handball but we've won the FA Cup so I don't care that much
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 21:03   #1263
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

There's confusion because of tabloid FIFA rules brought up:

Quote:
at the moment the ball is played or touched by a
team-mate
They're omitting the team-mate part for whatever reason, just the usual cack though like the Mirror etc.

There's two separate reasons but I'm not begrudging them the win, it happens. It's more annoyance at the BBC saying the blokes had a cracking game. Then Ref's doing their utmost to protect it. Naturally there's been incidents in the past and we're supposedly ridding ourselves of criticism towards refereeing but if it isn't called out when it's wrong, how do you learn for the future.

In their opinion he's had a cracking game because he's sent Moses off for diving. Which in turn was indeed hilarious but two big decisions with a 50% ratio for the ref. As for the Handball, I think it is but I wouldn't be dead set on it either, it's an unnatural position but it happens rather quickly.

The biggest question of the day is really whether this is the end for Wenger or what?

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-05-2017 at 21:07.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 22:52   #1264
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

It always make me laugh when people sing and dance about Celtic winning the treble.

Celtic do NOT have any strong competition in Scotland. If you took Celtic and Rangers out of Scottish football. It would collapse.

I said on this forum about 18 months ago, that when the season starts - give them TWO titles. One for the league and one for the Scottish Cup. And them challenge all the others in Scottish football to take it off them - there wouldn't be anyone, except Rangers, and at the moment they are playing rubbish.

This is why Tv companies wont invest a lot of money in Scottish football.

I used to watch a few games in Scottish Football, and it looked as though the ground was half empty.

Brendan Rodgers certainly took on a good job of winning titles, he will win them every year with Celtic.

Every season all the chairman of EPL clubs get together, the discussion comes up about Celtic and Rangers joining - not the rest of Scottish Football - just Celtic and Rangers join us in England. And it gets turned down.

This is not a dig at Scottish Football, its the truth. Money speaks, and sadly, money wont het invested
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 07:22   #1265
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Meh. I think it wasn't a goal because of the handball but we've won the FA Cup so I don't care that much
That should keep some of the vocal fair-weather Arsenal supporters quiet for a while.
Old 29-05-2017, 18:44   #1266
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

In all honesty I would struggle to put out 11 players from everyone that was on show at Wembley today that would stay up.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 18:56   #1267
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
In all honesty I would struggle to put out 11 players from everyone that was on show at Wembley today that would stay up.
Indeed but the Huddersfield supporters ain't going to be worrying about that Jim.
Old 29-05-2017, 19:01   #1268
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Well done Huddersfield ensures God's own county is represented in the Premiership . (sorry Den that's me happy again )
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 20:08   #1269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Good grief l think l need to sit down as Mr K being happy twice in a day is as rare as trying to find the extinct dodo.
Old 30-05-2017, 06:01   #1270
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Arsene Wenger stays on at Arsenal...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-board-meeting
Old 30-05-2017, 17:53   #1271
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

He is taken more abuse than I think is deserved. This is probably our worst season and we've finished 5th with an FA Cup.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 18:29   #1272
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

That's how Liverpool became the team they are now
Old 31-05-2017, 06:46   #1273
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
That's how Liverpool became the team they are now
Now now that is uncalled for.

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 ----------

Quote:
He is taken more abuse than I think is deserved. This is probably our worst season and we've finished 5th with an FA Cup.
Fickle Fair-weather supporters sadly.
Old 31-05-2017, 15:40   #1274
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
congratulations Arsenal fully deserved win
This might please you Dave.

https://www.oddschecker.com/insight/...job?dcmp=fbk93
Old 31-05-2017, 15:47   #1275
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
doesn't matter who gets SAFC job we in big brown stuff massive debt no money another relegation battle coming up
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote