Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you use Kodi?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Do you use Kodi?

Old 13-02-2017, 23:39   #31
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Do you use Kodi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
I have Kodi on my HTPC, but I have none of the addons that allow people to watch subscription stuff illegally. It's all crap anyway, why break the law for BS programmes?

You're the first person that I have seen admitting to using Kodi legally, and the content I watch is not crap it is better quality than regular HD TV.
Old 22-02-2017, 17:54   #32
stumps
Inactive

stumps is an unknown quantity at this point

I can remember taking apart an Xbox 1 to install a quieter fan so I could watch DVDs and ripped mpegs in peace using XBMC
stumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 21:05   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone know if Kodi and Plex can be installed on the new Amazon Fire TV stick?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 08-04-2017 at 21:16.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:57   #34
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does anyone know if Kodi and Plex can be installed on the new Amazon Fire TV stick?
Kodi definitely can and i can't see any reason why Plex wouldn't too.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 12:00   #35
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Bit of a dilemma here, i am looking to replace 1 of my Amazon Fire sticks with another device that is capable of running Kodi as well as Amazon Prime.

Currently thinking of getting the latest Amazon Fire TV box which i can currently side load Kodi on to but wondering if i should go for a normal Kodi Android box.

Anyone got any thoughts on this i as think i am probably going for the Fire TV for its quality as well as the nice remote?
Old 29-04-2017, 23:08   #36
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Still wondering whether to get the 4K Amazon box purely to run Kodi now i have a great 4K TV or get the best dedicated Android box for around £50, my worry is Amazon may block the installation on a side loaded Kodi.

What do you Kodi guys think?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16   #37
chumba
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity 2
chumba is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I use both on my Fire TV stick.
chumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:08   #38
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumba View Post
I use both on my Fire TV stick.
Thanks, not used Plex since i started streaming with Kodi though.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:03   #39
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

I use Kodi purely for playing content that is on my NAS. It used to be DVD's I ripped myself, along with occasional downloads, so I could browse through the interface and not worry about disks. Then at one point I decided I did not want to fund big media's lawyers and all the things that comes with that, so stopped buying media. Tried sports addons a couple of times otherwise don't use any video addons except iPlayer. Been using Kodi and it's predecessor's since around 2002 or 2003. Not a new fad here
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote