Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 07-05-2024, 10:51   #14956
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

So today is my 1 year transplant anniversary. I still can't believe its been a whole year already. Getting that phone call early in the morning and racing to the hospital still feels like only a couple of months ago.

It's sad that someone lost a loved one, however receiving the gift of life from a total stranger is the greatest and most special gift anyone can ever get. Organ donors really are the biggest heroes.

From living day to day with dialysis every night and being an insulin dependant diabetic, to looking forward to the future and no longer having to think about diabetes thanks to the kidney and pancreas I was so fortunate to be gifted.

Both organs doing great and I feel on top of the world, having my health back. Yes I had a number of complications involving more surgeries and hospital visits but in the grand scheme of things they were nothing more than small bumps in the road.
Old 07-05-2024, 10:59   #14957
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So today is my 1 year transplant anniversary. I still can't believe its been a whole year already. Getting that phone call early in the morning and racing to the hospital still feels like only a couple of months ago.

It's sad that someone lost a loved one, however receiving the gift of life from a total stranger is the greatest and most special gift anyone can ever get. Organ donors really are the biggest heroes.

From living day to day with dialysis every night and being an insulin dependant diabetic, to looking forward to the future and no longer having to think about diabetes thanks to the kidney and pancreas I was so fortunate to be gifted.

Both organs doing great and I feel on top of the world, having my health back. Yes I had a number of complications involving more surgeries and hospital visits but in the grand scheme of things they were nothing more than small bumps in the road.
That's brilliant and for me it gives me optimism as well as hope. As I will be going through it all soon as my kidneys (Polycystic) are now struggling and there's already talks about what to expect in the very near future. I've gone from yearly consultant appointments and now down to every 2 months. And now feeling the effects too.

But I'm really please for you as I've watched my late father go through it all as well so I know it's not an easy ride. My father also spoke of the person from which he received his kidney from, it's a bittersweet feeling, it is sad but he was all so grateful.

Thanks for the update.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:20   #14958
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
That's brilliant and for me it gives me optimism as well as hope. As I will be going through it all soon as my kidneys (Polycystic) are now struggling and there's already talks about what to expect in the very near future. I've gone from yearly consultant appointments and now down to every 2 months. And now feeling the effects too.

But I'm really please for you as I've watched my late father go through it all as well so I know it's not an easy ride. My father also spoke of the person from which he received his kidney from, it's a bittersweet feeling, it is sad but he was all so grateful.

Thanks for the update.
Thank and hopefully you'll not be too long. I went through kidney failure for 6 years. At first a slow decline and talk was transplant in 15-20 years to 6 months later transplant withing 5 year. eGFR pf 54 to 23 in just a few months. Checks were every 4 weeks by that point. Symptoms hit me heard as I dropped function so quickly. Before I knew what was up, I was so tired and was even falling asleep at work almost every day.

Just over two years on peritoneal dialysis. And just under three years on the transplant waiting list. Transplant completed on second call a week after the first failed attempt as the pancreas weren't good enough.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:34   #14959
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Thanks.

PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) is hereditary and I've know pretty much most of my life that I've got it and I know from family history that so far it hit us all in our 50s. It's always been something I I've know that will happen but when you're in your teens it was a lifetime away, then all of a sudden it's kind of like now... It's been a heavy weight hanging over me just knowing over the last few years.

My eGFR is now 32 and has taken quite a hit over the last 12-18 months and they're concerned at the rate of the decline. Same symptoms, falling asleep like out of the blue, one min fine, then I'm gone. Just that symptom alone is getting hard to plan around. And just feeling out of sorts and peeing for England at the mo too.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:49   #14960
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Must be even worse knowing that it would happen at somepoint.

Yeah it was CKD I had caused by my diabetes. Egfr was 6-7 when on dialysis. I was lucky to pee once a day eventually. Kidney disease is a horrid illness and so many people still really don't understand it. My dad especially didn't seem to get how serious it was, but after I was put on dialysis and told I need a transplant I think he soon got that with out them I likely wouldn't be here.

I could literally be at work an hour or two and need to nap. Pretty hard to do in a busy call centre lol.
Old 07-05-2024, 19:09   #14961
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Both organs doing great and I feel on top of the world, having my health back.
Good to hear, I hope it stays like that.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 22:14   #14962
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Both organs doing great and I feel on top of the world, having my health back.
Good Stevie,I hope it continues!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote