Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | help!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

help!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 00:43   #1
brownie1010
Inactive

brownie1010 is an unknown quantity at this point
help!!!

hey guys ive only just joined this site. I joined this site becasue i have a belkin G router which i bought from currys. i only use it to go on xboxlive and its wireless router. I am a very addicted player on xbox live so im on 4-5 hours a day nearly and my router just seems to go off and the only light that is left is the modem light. It over heats becasue the router is quite hot and so is the plug and when i leave it for another 5-6 hours it only lets me play for about 10 mins becasue its stillover heated inside. Is this becasue my router is faulty or am i doing something wrong??? anyone plz tell me thankx.
brownie1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2007, 00:48   #2
bobna
cf.addict

bobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the rough
Re: help!!!

if it's still under warenty, trust me take it back and swop it for a dlink, netgear or linksys router, i work at a pc world store (don't flame me) every 3 out of 5 routers returned are belkin ie.. crap routers
bobna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15   #3
brownie1010
Inactive

brownie1010 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its definlty under 12 months though but i dont no if you have a currys near you but i dont think they let you swap things if i dont have the reciet and hvant got it. ill give it a try though thankx for your help m8. :p
brownie1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 22:21   #4
bobna
cf.addict

bobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the roughbobna is a jewel in the rough

if you paid by debit or credit card take the statment showing the purchase, should get an exchange on that
bobna is offline   Reply With Quote