Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | set-up of linksys WRT54G router with NTL cable modem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

set-up of linksys WRT54G router with NTL cable modem

Old 06-01-2007, 12:27   #31
mimimimi
Inactive

mimimimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: set-up of linksys WRT54G router with NTL cable modem

Guys! It is a bright and portentous day, for I have an internet connection going through my router (hoorah !)

I asked my sister to drag her boyfriend around to my house and he played around with the settings, whilst we sat and drank tea, and an hour later, ta-daa!

Now, I haven't attempted to link anything else yet, so the fun might start there, but I wanted to thank you all for your help and the time spent trying to help me, I was so totally stuck that it was mind-numbingly irritating.

Thanks again to all of you.

PS, Rob, I am a she, not a he, but I forgive you
mimimimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2007, 20:00   #32
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Good stuff... however, you're gonna have to ask your brother-in-law what was wrong with it, just to put all our minds at rest
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 20:37   #33
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Glad it's sorted, but we really want to know what was wrong!
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 00:02   #34
mimimimi
Inactive

mimimimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, he said that he changed some settings on the administration page and tried bout six combinations but nothing worked, so he had a feeling it was something to do with one of the cables. He went down to the car and bought up an identical dark blue ethernet cable (the one that came with the router, as opposed to the turquoise one that came with the modem) and used that. It still wasn't working so he tried resetting the factory settings and then cloning the MAc numer again. At some point alon this it started to work, though he said he didn't know what it was that he changed that done it. He tried the thernet cable again when he got home with his own router, and it is fine...

I am sorry I cannot be more specific, I was purposefully staying out of the way when he was working on it, I was already fed up enough with it.

Once it was set up I had no problems linking my Macbook, DS and Wii up wirelessly, and I have set the security on it so that my neighbours aren't gtting free internet so, I feel, at least I acheived a little something painlessly to make up for all of the trouble at the start

Thankyou again for all of your help guys!
mimimimi is offline   Reply With Quote