Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] Thomas Mair found guilty of the murder of MP Jo Cox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Updated] Thomas Mair found guilty of the murder of MP Jo Cox

Old 17-06-2016, 23:07   #31
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Jo Cox MP has been murdered in West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Britsh View Post
A lot of people have an interest is such topics but 99% are not violent an would never dream of carrying out such a horrific crime. Just like like we have millions of people of from all colours/ religions/ creeds that never carry out violent crimes. But there will always be people that kill in the name of a belief or religion.

I think the we do need to start listening to White British though, instead of standing on them. We are told a minority of blacks/Asians etc are violent as that is the only way their voices can be herd.

White people are told they can't understand racism as you're white, white British are told everything that Britain ever did is your fault, White British males are told told you can't understand Blacks/Asians/Sikhs/ETC.

I think my point is........In the future white British males may well need to be heard, A 40 year old German males is never told he needs to apologise for the Nazis.
FFS.
Old 17-06-2016, 23:27   #32
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Britsh View Post
A lot of people have an interest is such topics but 99% are not violent an would never dream of carrying out such a horrific crime. Just like like we have millions of people of from all colours/ religions/ creeds that never carry out violent crimes. But there will always be people that kill in the name of a belief or religion.

I think the we do need to start listening to White British though, instead of standing on them. We are told a minority of blacks/Asians etc are violent as that is the only way their voices can be herd.

White people are told they can't understand racism as you're white, white British are told everything that Britain ever did is your fault, White British males are told told you can't understand Blacks/Asians/Sikhs/ETC.

I think my point is........In the future white British males may well need to be heard, A 40 year old German males is never told he needs to apologise for the Nazis.
Alex Massie in the Spectator put it well

Quote:
Sometimes rhetoric has consequences. If you spend days, weeks, months, years telling people they are under threat, that their country has been stolen from them, that they have been betrayed and sold down the river, that their birthright has been pilfered, that their problem is they’re too slow to realise any of this is happening, that their problem is they’re not sufficiently mad as hell, then at some point, in some place, something or someone is going to snap. And then something terrible is going to happen.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 18-06-2016 at 11:45.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 11:42   #33
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Thomas Mair, charged with MP Jo Cox's murder, gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" to UK court
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36567005
Old 18-06-2016, 14:24   #34
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

She must have been well respected if the Syrian Groups she fought for left messages of condolences, and Obama has even phoned the husband.
Old 19-06-2016, 12:52   #35
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm sick of the media hype on it all. This death is tragic and I wouldn't wish this on anyone like this.

But people die every day and some of them have contributed to this country and a whole host of other things but they don't get this kind of media attention and donation pages setup in the form of 500k to charities that they wouldn't have even donated to in the first place.

She was an MP doing a job that millions of use do everyday that wouldn't get this kind of recognition.

I noticed the 77 year old got a quick mention in the news I almost missed it so where it the media coverage on this person absolute joke in my opinion.

like I said it's sad that this has happened I am married with kids and I wouldn't want to get a phone call that something like this has happened but I think this has totally blown out of proportion.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 13:10   #36
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I'm afraid it's become a bit of a PR opportunity for some within Westminster and as we all know, they rather like jumping on any opportunity to make themselves look better. For all the fine sounding words of folks like Sadiq Khan, the usual self serving nastiness will resume next week after their orgy of navel gazing. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Amber Rudd was being congratulated by all and sundry for her very personal attacks on Boris Johnson and of course Nigel Farage has been fair game for all manner of personal abuse by good Westminster folk.

Last edited by Osem; 19-06-2016 at 13:41.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 13:40   #37
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

A sitting MP has been murdered, largely it seems due to their position as an MP, it's a big news story.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 13:54   #38
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
A sitting MP has been murdered, largely it seems due to their position as an MP, it's a big news story.
Yes it is. However, for those directly involved it's no bigger story or loss than anyone else who's suffered a similar fate. We're on the verge of this country's biggest decision for decades and there's plenty of time for the good folk of Westminster Village to do what they're paid to do and pay their respects to a lost colleague. I wonder if Jo Cox would have wanted to campaigning on such an important issue to cease...
Old 19-06-2016, 14:01   #39
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I read that 40k signatures have been signed so far calling for an end to the referendum in the wake of her death.

Seems the stupid are coming out in mass now I hope they are the ones who haven't got a vote
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 14:13   #40
Osem
Inactive

Sadly the ether contains its fair share of idiots who'll put their names to virtually anything. Having said that, 40,000 is less than a third of the number of people who voted for Boaty McBoatface.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36064659
Old 20-06-2016, 01:33   #41
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

http://www.libertygb.org.uk/news/lib...-jo-cox-murder
First time I heard of this lot was on the radio today.

TBH, not sure an unopposed by-election is the right thing, no matter what circumstances caused it, the voters should have a choice, even if the result would seem to be inevitable.
Britain is a democracy, and MPs are elected, not appointed.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 08:34   #42
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
http://www.libertygb.org.uk/news/lib...-jo-cox-murder
First time I heard of this lot was on the radio today.

TBH, not sure an unopposed by-election is the right thing, no matter what circumstances caused it, the voters should have a choice, even if the result would seem to be inevitable.
Britain is a democracy, and MPs are elected, not appointed.
It's a difficult one. On one hand the idea that you respond to the shooting with another example of democracy is a good one yet on the other hand there would be something weird and uncomfortable about a seat changing hands as the result of the assassination of the sitting MP. Not to mention the atmosphere of campaigning would be depressing and local Labour activists are probably not in the mood.

Overall I think it's the best thing to do.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 10:27   #43
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'm still waiting for the 'I'm voting remain for Jo' Facebook posts.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 10:55   #44
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

It'll be a sad day when the national vote is determined by the death of a minor MP rather than the future of our country.

Please note that I am not dissing Jo Cox. RIP.
Old 20-06-2016, 11:23   #45
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes it is. However, for those directly involved it's no bigger story or loss than anyone else who's suffered a similar fate. .
Know many people that have been shot three times and then stabbed in the street by mad man.
I suppose Lee Rigby wasn't a big deal either.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
But people die every day and some of them have contributed to this country and a whole host of other things but they don't get this kind of media attention and donation pages setup in the form of 500k to charities that they wouldn't have even donated to in the first place.

She was an MP doing a job that millions of use do everyday that wouldn't get this kind of recognition.

I noticed the 77 year old got a quick mention in the news I almost missed it so where it the media coverage on this person absolute joke in my opinion.

like I said it's sad that this has happened I am married with kids and I wouldn't want to get a phone call that something like this has happened but I think this has totally blown out of proportion.
The is no limit to the immensity of the stupidness of that post.

In the context of the current campaign, an MP has been butchered in the street by seemingly a far right head case.

Pretty much a mirror of Lee Rigby being butchered in the street by a head case claiming to do it in the name of Islam.

I didn't see anyone claiming Lee Rigbys murder being "blown out of Porportion"