Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Anywhere App on Ipad

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV Anywhere App on Ipad

Old 30-07-2017, 13:24   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
TV Anywhere App on Ipad

Just loaded the above app onto my IPad.

Looking to download a recording onto my IPad as a test for the future when I may actually want to do this.

What a waste of time - not one of my recordings on either box will download!

Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature that just doesn't work.

I was able to do this without any problems when I was with sky
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2017, 13:55   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: TV Anywhere App on Ipad

Where does it say you would be able to?

Even with Sky it is only selected programmes that can be downloaded.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 14:27   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Where does it say you would be able to?

Even with Sky it is only selected programmes that can be downloaded.
I was assured, when I signed up for Virgin, that this was possible. The app has a download button but it is always not available
Old 30-07-2017, 14:34   #4
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I was assured, when I signed up for Virgin, that this was possible. The app has a download button but it is always not available
Not sure what you have but I think you need the V6 box for it to work.
Old 30-07-2017, 15:53   #5
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Not sure what you have but I think you need the V6 box for it to work.

I do have 2 V6 boxes - hence posting thread as TiVo V6.

Still doesn't work!
Old 30-07-2017, 17:11   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

This page tells you which channels permit downloading:
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...in-TV-Anywhere
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 17:46   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
This page tells you which channels permit downloading:
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...in-TV-Anywhere
Thanks for the link - it would appear it is only possible to download recordings from rubbish channels

As I said - a waste of time.