Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Buffering issue when resuming on-demand content

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Buffering issue when resuming on-demand content

Old 16-07-2017, 21:59   #1
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice
Buffering issue when resuming on-demand content

Hi,

I've been experiencing issues with on-demand content for a good couple months and it's now getting very annoying. A few weeks back I called Virgin and an engineer came out to look at this issue and another issue where randomly it would lose sound on all channels until I reset the box. So If i start watching the on-demand content from the beginning without fast forwarding, pausing or rewinding then I don't have any problems but if I stop watching the problem and then try to resume it a day later. It would start where I finished up to but every couple mins it would pause and the pretty quality would become pixelated and then carry on. This mostly happens on Sky Movies.

I've got another engineer scheduled for Friday but I wondered if anyone else had this problem or if it was just isolated.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2017, 23:49   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Buffering issue when resuming on-demand content

What type of set top box do you have?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:11   #3
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice
Re: Buffering issue when resuming on-demand content

I've got the old original Tivo. When the last engineer came out he ran a network cable from the tivo to my apple time capsule (Which is my router, my virgin router is setup in modem mode) and tried to convenience me that the tivo had built in wifi and depended on virgins modem to provide streaming content from the internet. My understanding is that the tivo has its own dedicated line which it takes from the coax cable feeding into it. This is so that any usage on the other home broadband would not affect the content being streamed to the tivo box.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote