Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Members Beware - Parking on shopping parks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Members Beware - Parking on shopping parks

Old 19-06-2017, 21:12   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Members Beware - Parking on shopping parks

On June 15th my wife attended our local Ivybridge Shopping Park to visit ASDA.

We then left the park after approx. 20 minutes to go to Hounslow about two miles away. Had dinner, shopped and then realised on the way home needed something else out of ASDA on the shopping park.

To out shock, we get a parking ticket via there CCTV to say that we has overstayed the picking limit.

They have shown us going in, and coming out. BUT NOT the second visit. They claim they cannot find the evident of this.

We have receipts to prove where we went, but they have said that we must pay £100.00

Please beware of this members when you go to shopping Centres of what can happen to you all.

And no we are NOT paying the fine. We have contacted ASDA to complain, they don't want to know.

Ive also contacted my local MP.

We believe that if we are not in the wrong, then we shouldn't pay the ticket
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2017, 22:31   #2
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Members Beware - Parking on shopping parks

I remember reading on another forum, co-incidentally a private firm operating a car park for Asda a similar thing, basically they refused to pay the fine, the firm kept sending ever increasing demands, then started to decrease again, then the car park firm gave up chasing. You have to be prepared to stand your ground which they know most people won't.

it's only if an official law enforcement agency or 3rd party on their behalf contacts you then you have to pay, e.g. council run car park.

I'm not a lawyer though, so this may be out of date info, google, watchdog, mse can probably help with concrete advise rather than hearsay Good luck.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 23:15   #3
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

They are not the same as a PCN. Parking Charge Notice that typically get issued by Traffic Wardens.

Private parking firms are essentially just invoicing for breach of contract and are non-enforceable unless they pursue the case in the civil court, this can very costly and time consuming, for most part their letters demanding payment are just bluster.*

* Note this is in no way considered legal advice and shouldn't be used as such -Ignoring a Parking Charge is at your own risk.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 08:51   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Also, a lot of car parks for supermarkets have signs that clearly state you cannot return within a certain time period. If you did this, then you don't have a leg to stand on whether you think you are right or not.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:05   #5
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Also, a lot of car parks for supermarkets have signs that clearly state you cannot return within a certain time period. If you did this, then you don't have a leg to stand on whether you think you are right or not.
Thank you for shopping with us, now piss off and don't come back too soon.

I'd be going back to Asda, possibly for the last time, to tell them they need to sort the problem out.
Old 20-06-2017, 15:49   #6
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Thank you for shopping with us, now piss off and don't come back too soon.

I'd be going back to Asda, possibly for the last time, to tell them they need to sort the problem out.
The car park isn't owned by Asda.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 18:26   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

A private car park on private land. Abide by the rules or suffer the consequences. It ain't rocket science.
Old 20-06-2017, 19:22   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

What rules did the OP not abide by ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 20:03   #9
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
What rules did the OP not abide by ?
My bad. Looks like the CCTV cocked up.
Old 20-06-2017, 21:52   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

This is why all Pay and display car parks should be banned and made illegal.

You should pull up to a barrier, get a ticket, park, then shop. when finished find a pay machine and pay, then drive to the exit barrier and put in your paid ticket.

NOT park then work out long its going to take you to shop and pay for those hours, 9 times out of 10 you waste money, as the machine doesn't give change.

It can be cheaper for me to drive to Lakeside and park there for free, than pay the rip off Saturday prices, upto 30% more.
Old 20-06-2017, 23:18   #11
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Just to make it a bit clearer.

My wife went into the car park on The Ivybridge Retail Park Isleworth. Went to ASDA, and did some shopping.

We then left after about 30 minutes. Went to Hounslow which is approx. three miles away. Did some shopping in the High Street, the went for dinner in a restaurant.

Then went back home about TWO HOURS later, and the wife forgot something. And went back to ASDA. and bingo.

Got a ticket. There CCTV have picked us at going in the FIRST TIME, and clock the car going out AFTER the Hounslow trip.

If l knew that we were in the wrong, l wouldn't have put this article on this forum, asking for help, would l.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 23:47   #12
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My hubby a couple of years ago got a parking ticket when he parked in B and M, I'm sure the company was G24 he ignored the letter and got a lot of other letters some from what looked very official but when he googled the company it turned out that it was the same company. After quite a few months the letters stopped, now if it was left to me I would have paid the demands. What I do remember the 1st letter was for £60.00 then it went up to £100 then back down again to £60.00 if he paid within 14 day's then the letter's stopped. He never contacted them at all just kept the letter's and when I did ask why do you not contact them to make arrangements to pay he said because this way they have no proof that I have received these letters as they just used regular post. It worked for him but remember as soon as you contact them they know that you have received them. Personally I would not have the guts to do this but like I say it worked for hubby not contacting them and ignoring all letters. He did say something at the time that the threats about the Bailiff they were threatening him with was registered in England and a Bailiff registered in England can not enforce in Scotland I do not know if this was the case but we live in Scotland and the threats and fines all came from a English companies.
Old 22-06-2017, 14:41   #13
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with private parking companies in England Wales & NI they have legislation that backs their demands and ignoring will result in a CCJ being awarded in their favour. You can ask the shop you used to have the ticket voided or appeal to the Parking Company concerned. Moneysaving Expert has countless pages on its forum and by following the guidelines provided therein you should be able to successfully appeal against the ticket.

The position in Scotland is slightly different as the legislation (Protection of Freedoms Act "pofa") is not applicable north of the border. The pofa requires the registered keeper to disclose details of the driver who was in control of the vehicle at the time of the infringement. If non disclosure takes place then liability rests with the registered keeper.

With pofa not applying in Scotland there is no requirement to respond to the request and accordingly the Parking Company has no means of identifying the driver and cannot therefore pursue an action against the driver. The best advice for those living in Scotland I have read is under no circumstances respond to requests from these companies either in writing or verbally.

There was a recent report in the press about a company winning a "landslide" victory in Scotland however the person involved rather than ignoring decided to fight and lost big time!
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 14:56   #14
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I know all places don't do this but my wife often uses park mobile which is a lot better
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote