Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June 8th General Election

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

June 8th General Election
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for on 8th June?
Conservatives 47 48.96%
Labour 24 25.00%
Liberal Democrats 9 9.38%
UKIP 4 4.17%
Greens 2 2.08%
Other 5 5.21%
None, I will Abstain. 5 5.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2017, 13:58   #571
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Oh she was horrible.
such a stereotypical act of the Welsh she did there. makes it look like the Welsh just whine and moan about everybody else with a grumpy straight face all the time.

I'm sure they don't.
they just sound like they do.
How do they sound like they do?

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Natalie (Leanne) Wood .
lol. Paul Nuttall is to people's names what Diane Abbott is to arithmetic.
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2017, 14:11   #572
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
[/COLOR]lol. Paul Nuttall is to people's names what Diane Abbott is to arithmetic.
Both as bad as each other but alas you can say that about most of the party leaders as they really are a poor lot IMO.
Old 19-05-2017, 15:15   #573
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Both as bad as each other but alas you can say that about most of the party leaders as they really are a poor lot IMO.
Dunno , I like the Green bint, she's good on feminist issues
Old 19-05-2017, 15:17   #574
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Dunno , I like the Green bint, she's good on feminist issues

priceless
Old 19-05-2017, 17:45   #575
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
The cost should come out of general taxation and whilst that's not 100% fair, it's as fair as it gets.
It's totally wrong for people to be sitting on assets of £100,000's of pounds, have the taxpayer pay for their care and give all that money to their heirs.

I think Mays proposal is reasonable, you still get £100,000 to give away if you have it. which is way more that I got from my deceased parents.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Really pleased I did not waste 2 hours of my time watching the ITV leaders debate tonight. (No Jeremy Corbyn, No Theresa May). (Truth be told I didn't actually know there was one until now but I still would not have watched it if I was aware it was on). I can't stand Nicola Sturgeon.
Likewise, it didn't get more pointless, in fact pointless would have been a much better watch.
Old 19-05-2017, 18:00   #576
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I cannot stand Jamie Oliver, but I do agree with him that this is a very bad change ;

(Removing free school dinners)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39969155

For many kids, this is the only hot dinner they will get.
They dont want a Breakfast, they want a good hot dinner.

Why not use the incredibly dumb sugar tax to help fund it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 19-05-2017, 18:15   #577
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I cannot stand Jamie Oliver, but I do agree with him that this is a very bad change ;

(Removing free school dinners)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39969155

For many kids, this is the only hot dinner they will get.
They dont want a Breakfast, they want a good hot dinner.

Why not use the incredibly dumb sugar tax to help fund it.
l absolutely agree as remember when our parents were really struggling when myself and my siblings were young and having a hot school dinner was a godsend for us.
Old 19-05-2017, 18:26   #578
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l absolutely agree as remember when our parents were really struggling when myself and my siblings were young and having a hot school dinner was a godsend for us.
I vaguely remember free school milk in third pint bottles. It was always warm/sour as it had been hanging about for hours. Some spotty kid would always puke it up through their nose ! Didn't miss it when the Govt. took our milk away ...
(Thatcher the 'Milk Snatcher', I remember now, the one thing I'm grateful to her for..)

Last edited by Mr K; 19-05-2017 at 18:45.
Old 19-05-2017, 18:30   #579
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Speaking as an educator children learn better when they aren't combating hunger.How about MPs and the House of Lords give up their subsidised food and alcohol paid for by the taxpayer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ment-bars.html
Old 19-05-2017, 18:53   #580
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Speaking as an educator children learn better when they aren't combating hunger.How about MPs and the House of Lords give up their subsidised food and alcohol paid for by the taxpayer?

Can't see the politicians with their noses in the trough doing that.
Old 19-05-2017, 18:56   #581
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:

Ah yes but they work hard

Let face it there aren't many cases of Rickets these days. It's the opposite problem of stopping kids eating or to physically do anything ! Getting rid of these meals is going to make them eat more crap.
Old 19-05-2017, 19:03   #582
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

... and here's Corbyn proving that he hasn't got a clue:

https://order-order.com/2017/05/19/j...#disqus_thread

Quote:
What the Conservatives are doing is to put a £100,000 cap on social care which actually goes nowhere near meeting the needs of somebody with extreme conditions can easily spend £50,000 a year on their care. It’s completely unrealistic, what they’re doing. We will make sure social care is properly funded.”
What on Earth is he on about?
Old 19-05-2017, 19:10   #583
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What on Earth is he on about?
He obviously has the same arithmetic ability as Diane Abbot. As I said before, these people aren't fit to run a seafront whelk stall let alone govern.

Seriously, old age care has to be paid for and safeguarding the last 100K of an estate for the heirs and using the rest of it isn't a bad way of doing it especially as the estate is not realised until after death. Meaning an ageing relative can still live in their home if appropriate until the end.
Old 19-05-2017, 19:41   #584
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
How do they sound like they do?
They were born like it.
Old 19-05-2017, 20:45   #585
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It's totally wrong for people to be sitting on assets of £100,000's of pounds, have the taxpayer pay for their care and give all that money to their heirs.
I disagree. I have been and am working bloody hard for my assets and money. I've speculated (at personal risk) to accumilate. It's taking blood, sweat and tears (literally). I'm being taxed (a lot) on my income before I can accumulate my assets and money and then I am taxed again on my capital gains when I want to sell some assets to realise some profit from them. How is it right to then strip me of more of my wealth if/when I need care in later life? .......especially when someone else who hasn't bothered has that care simply handed to them?!

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Quote:
How about MPs and the House of Lords give up their subsidised food and alcohol paid for by the taxpayer?

That would be a drop in the ocean but I agree.
Closed Thread