Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC salaries - good value for our money?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

BBC salaries - good value for our money?

Old 31-07-2017, 11:20   #61
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: BBC salaries - good value for our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
But before he made it, his wife stuck by him. Once he'd made it he became an adulterer and dumped his wife for a younger model.

He's not the clean living family man he purports to be and deserves all he gets IMO.
Got any evidence to back up that potentially libelous statement? Lineker's 1st wife filed for divorce in May 2006, and he started going out with his 2nd wife in September 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What we do is pay ourselves a token salary and take the test in dividends. I presume that the accountant has structured it like this because, if the taxable rate is higher, there are no NI contributions to pay.
Ah, tax avoidance/minimisation - why pay more tax than you have to, eh?

I'm old-fashioned - in the periods when I am contracting/self-employed (depending on where I am working, I either use an Umbrella company (where I pay all the tax and NI due, as if I was salaried), or I pay myself a reasonable salary (just below the 40% bracket), which means I pay a reasonable amount of tax and NI, and the rest in dividends (as I believe we all should contribute to the services we receive).

As always, YMMV.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 31-07-2017 at 12:11.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2017, 16:38   #62
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
If someone offered to pay me 1.8 million to do a job I liked I would take it, and not care what anyone thought
In fairness, having met you, I don't think you care too much what people think now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
guzzling dr pepper is not a talent ,don't give up the day job
I dunno, might get him through to at least the semis on Britain's Got Talent.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 18:02   #63
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

TBH who cares, if the BBC doesn't pay them other channels will, and people will follow.