Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Computer says not connected to wireless, but it is?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Computer says not connected to wireless, but it is?

Old 24-05-2009, 12:24   #16
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: Computer says not connected to wireless, but it is?

That's the application, I always uninstall it and use the Windows tool to manage wireless, so much easier.
Old 24-05-2009, 12:25   #17
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Yeah i don't use it but i haven't uninstalled it, had the lappy for over 2 yrs and it's never done this though.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 12:54   #18
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Make's me wonder if it could be a Windows Update causing it, have you downloaded any updates recently?
Old 24-05-2009, 22:50   #19
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure, i only pay attention when it makes me do a restart, i have them set to automatic. Last time i remember it happening was about a month ago but i've only had this problem for a few days
Old 24-05-2009, 22:54   #20
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Not sure then. Maybe someone else can assist possibly?

Sorry I cant be of any more use.
Old 24-05-2009, 22:56   #21
Pia
Inactive

No probs, seems like it's a mystery! I'm gonna clear out all my unused carp from the laptop tomorrow and give it a good clearup so maybe something might happen then!
Old 25-05-2009, 23:51   #22
Keyz333
cf.addict

Services: Cuckoo (BT) Broadband
Keyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to Keyz333 Send a message via MSN to Keyz333

Was there anything installed on your computer, shortly before you had this problem? Upto around a day before, I had this problem, not on a Toshiba though, and know a few people who have had it, it's normally something you install, that controls, or uses your wireless and does this too it. You could try doing a System restore, although mine haven't been successful in the past...
Best of luck though ^^
Keyz333 is offline   Reply With Quote