Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | African Cup Of Nations 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The UFC thread.

Old 05-07-2008, 23:31   #1
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
The UFC thread.

Any guys into UFC here?

Just a reminder that UFC:86 is on tonight. Its free on Setanta live from 3am.

Who do you fancy for the main event?

I like Griffin better but I think Jackson will get it. He's looking so fearsome since he started working on his boxing. Unless Griffin can trap him into submission, I don't think he stands a chance.

Looking forward to seeing Gonzaga on the undercard. He's a class fighter.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2008, 23:37   #2
zing_deleted

Re: The UFC thread.

I do not watch it but I practice freestyle now once a week
Old 06-07-2008, 00:24   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

what's UFC?
Old 06-07-2008, 00:27   #4
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d

*** ******* **** hehe

i think jackson will win in the 3rd round via knockout
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 00:55   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
what's UFC?
Its mixed martial arts. Its like boxing but with kicking, choke holds, elbowing, kneeing, etc. There's quite a few good vids on youtube if you search for UFC.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50   #6
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Its mixed martial arts. Its like boxing but with kicking, choke holds, elbowing, kneeing, etc. There's quite a few good vids on youtube if you search for UFC.
Its real good fun too lol
Not last Monday but the Monday before I think I pulled off the best move since I been playing with it . I went for a leg lift so my mate dropped his weight down I slipped off his leg and into a headlock I made myself fall backwards twisting as I fell causing him to land on his back with me on top punching him in the head priceless lmao
Old 06-07-2008, 10:05   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
what's UFC?
Some people call it 'real' wrestling

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 14:35   #8
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
Its real good fun too lol
Not last Monday but the Monday before I think I pulled off the best move since I been playing with it . I went for a leg lift so my mate dropped his weight down I slipped off his leg and into a headlock I made myself fall backwards twisting as I fell causing him to land on his back with me on top punching him in the head priceless lmao
Good stuff

I do wish I could take part in it. I'd love to spar with you one day but i'd be useless I did karate as a kid, I really wish i'd stuck through with it now. I'd probably be a 3rd dan black belt or something.

Noone else watched it though? I was possibly one of the best UFC matches i've seen in a long time.
Old 06-07-2008, 15:43   #9
zing_deleted

I just use my knowledge of kick boxing for the closed hand and leg work and the various kung fu styles I used to do for the open hand grappling and locking I could do with some more grappling experience though
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29   #10
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Will Brovo show it at some point?

UFC is much better and more skillfull than boxing IMO
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 16:04   #11
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Good stuff

I do wish I could take part in it. I'd love to spar with you one day but i'd be useless I did karate as a kid, I really wish i'd stuck through with it now. I'd probably be a 3rd dan black belt or something.

Noone else watched it though? I was possibly one of the best UFC matches i've seen in a long time.
Recorded all ready to be watched tonight at a sensible hour with my eldest who's really into karate now. Can't wait !!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 16:56   #12
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

HAs BRAVO stoped showing The UFC? Havent seen it for ages?
Old 21-08-2008, 17:30   #13
punky
Inactive

Nope, there's still quite a bit on there. Mainly older stuff though. You can see their mini-site here: http://www.bravo.co.uk/ufc/
Old 27-08-2008, 22:22   #14
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

The fight between Griffin and Jackson was awesome. What a match!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 14:39   #15
STONEISLAND
Inactive

M. Bisping[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
C. Leben

Big fight this weekend.

Really looking forward to it. My money is on Bispin but the guy who he is fighting is very good.

Be a very good test.

Also

R. Couture[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Randy will give this WWF fighter a lesson in real fighting.