Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 18-03-2015, 15:26   #286
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It will for the first year while it is free for windows 7-8 users, however XP users and the period after 12mths would still get pirated.
yeah is this the plan

get everybody on it then have to pay to get "security updates" going forward.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2015, 16:39   #287
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
yeah is this the plan

get everybody on it then have to pay to get "security updates" going forward.
wrong
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 17:06   #288
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

MS asks for feed back on more new icons, i think they're far better than the other set!

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...tirely-new-set
Old 18-03-2015, 17:59   #289
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
MS asks for feed back on more new icons, i think they're far better than the other set!

I think I'd have to agree.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 18:59   #290
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I never understand with the amount of bloat in Windows why MS don't give an option of skins for those who don't like the Fisher Price look. Is it really so difficult to give us conservative (small c) the traditional GUI look aka 95/98/XP and start menu as an option?

It would deflect the criticism.
Old 18-03-2015, 19:16   #291
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

new build 10041 Available now on fast ring updates
Old 18-03-2015, 21:33   #292
Dave42
cf.mega poster

all updated to build 10041 here now
Old 19-03-2015, 06:16   #293
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Will do it today and see what its like.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 15:33   #294
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Is 10 stable enough yet to put on as a main OS? Virtualbox won't work for me, so the only way I can try it is to put it on as the main OS or dual boot. But if it isn't stable enough to do so then I will wait a bit longer.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 15:47   #295
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Is 10 stable enough yet to put on as a main OS? Virtualbox won't work for me, so the only way I can try it is to put it on as the main OS or dual boot. But if it isn't stable enough to do so then I will wait a bit longer.
the new build seems very stable but best to try it as dual boot first I guess so you can deside just got to a app fix for new build you will have to install 9926 first as new build only available on fast ring updates on there at moment of you could wait a week or so till it goes on slow ring then will be iso's
Old 20-03-2015, 09:12   #296
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
It looks pretty good to me, and Cortana is now active in the UK (Without region changing malarky).

The new sign in screen looks like an improvement too. Will test properly over the weekend. I wouldn't say it's a "Main OS" worthy build yet because features are still changing with each build.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 10:10   #297
gba93
ofc.founder_member

gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Does the update come automatically or do you have to download it - I'm currently running 9926
Old 20-03-2015, 11:22   #298
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Does the update come automatically or do you have to download it - I'm currently running 9926
change to fast ring in setting to get it only out for fast at moment
Old 20-03-2015, 11:28   #299
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Quote:
change to fast ring in setting to get it only out for fast at moment
Thanks
Old 20-03-2015, 11:56   #300
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
It looks pretty good to me, and Cortana is now active in the UK (Without region changing malarky).

The new sign in screen looks like an improvement too. Will test properly over the weekend. I wouldn't say it's a "Main OS" worthy build yet because features are still changing with each build.
yes Cortana is very basic does not work too good at moment compaired to usa one but it get better next build I'm sure

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

•Open powershell as administrator
•Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
•Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

for people wanting to try new build and get bug fix