Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tech advice on upgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tech advice on upgrade

Old 09-07-2017, 15:28   #1
kered10
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with TiVo
kered10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tech advice on upgrade

OK, thinking about getting a V6, and moving the TiVo to a different room, so to get proper multi-room functionality, I think the second room needs a network cable, which I can run, but I need to clarify what has to happen about the coax connection from the first room to the TiVo that is moved to the second room. Currently the coax arrives into the first room and goes from the wall connection into a splitter provided by Virgin, so that one cable goes to the TiVo, one cable goes upstairs to the modem/router (a network cable runs back downstairs to the TiVo). Does the coax to feed the TiVo (moved to the second room) need to be split again from the cable that will feed the new V6 in the first room? Or can the coax that already goes upstairs to the router be split to become the coax feed for the TiVo?
If I make sure I have the right knowledge, I can run cables discreetly, rather than have an installation engineer clip them to skirting around the house.
Derek
kered10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2017, 15:49   #2
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: Tech advice on upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kered10 View Post
OK, thinking about getting a V6, and moving the TiVo to a different room, so to get proper multi-room functionality, I think the second room needs a network cable, which I can run, but I need to clarify what has to happen about the coax connection from the first room to the TiVo that is moved to the second room. Currently the coax arrives into the first room and goes from the wall connection into a splitter provided by Virgin, so that one cable goes to the TiVo, one cable goes upstairs to the modem/router (a network cable runs back downstairs to the TiVo). Does the coax to feed the TiVo (moved to the second room) need to be split again from the cable that will feed the new V6 in the first room? Or can the coax that already goes upstairs to the router be split to become the coax feed for the TiVo?
If I make sure I have the right knowledge, I can run cables discreetly, rather than have an installation engineer clip them to skirting around the house.
Derek
Yes. There needs to be a split from one of the co-ax feeds to allow TV to work in the additional room. They'll take ir from whichever room is simple-est.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 22:53   #3
kered10
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with TiVo
kered10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tech advice on upgrade

Many thanks.
kered10 is offline   Reply With Quote