Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 box ignoring remote

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 box ignoring remote

Old 29-06-2017, 22:10   #1
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold
V6 box ignoring remote

Over the last few months I have had the V6 cease responding to the remote control. This is specific to the 'paired' remote, as the box still responds when the old style TiVo remote is used, or if I use the remote on the mobile app.

Re-pairing the remote (holding down 'info') fails, giving a red flash. The only fix I have had is rebooting the V6 box - upon which it responds to the 'paired' remote normally.

This has happened every now and then. However this week, I have had to reboot the box pretty much every day due to the remote dropping out. This is starting to get a bit tiresome.

The settings dialogue on the V6 bx claims the remote still has 80% battery so I don't believe the remote is causing this, especially as rebooting the box seems to be the only remedy. (I am happy to be re-educated in case my hypothesis if flawed, of course!)

Has this been experienced by anyone else? Has there been a firmware update recently that has caused an increase in the frequency of the dropouts?
JackSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2017, 23:39   #2
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: V6 box ignoring remote

Exactly the same thing here word for word as you described. Apparently a common fault, just phone up faults and they'll send you out a new remote.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 22:33   #3
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Joe. I've since seen the similar notes on the virginmedia community boards.

Not entirely convinced it is the fault of the remote so I will see how it goes for now. On that note, I have now gone 4 days without needing to reboot the box so it seems to be behaving a bit better for the moment (famous last words perhaps).
JackSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 14:16   #4
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Get a replacement remote- it was the third one for me before I got any consistency in performance.