Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2015/2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2015/2016

Old 24-12-2015, 02:16   #1111
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2015/2016

https://i.imgur.com/6sN5uL9.jpg

Source: https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003141842

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

Also: The Sun tears LVG a new one

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW8aW45WMAAtLPX.jpg
Old 24-12-2015, 14:24   #1112
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Sorry but this United thing is absurd. They were top of the league just a month ago and they're hardly hopelessly adrift from the title race now. They've had a bad run of form but that happens to every team and the only real negative in the intervening time was crashing out the Champions League.

By all means if it's the style of play that is the problem then make that change but the United hierarchy were talking/leaking about a new contract offer a few weeks ago so I don't think it's that. It just seems to be a knee-jerk panic over a bad run of form!

It's a joke how reactionary and short-term football management is. United used to be one of the few bastions of sense in this regard but they seem to have fallen prone to it as well. No long-term planning, no patience. It seems that all the talk from United about patience went out of the window when they realised it meant not winning everything all the time.

Its definitely knee jerk because of a bad run of form. I can understand fans being frustrated by the style of play at the moment, but these are the same fans that want Mourinho as manager instead of Van Gaal. Do they really think the style of football will get better? Clearly they haven't watched any Mourinho managed sides.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 21:38   #1113
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Its definitely knee jerk because of a bad run of form. I can understand fans being frustrated by the style of play at the moment, but these are the same fans that want Mourinho as manager instead of Van Gaal. Do they really think the style of football will get better? Clearly they haven't watched any Mourinho managed sides.
Yup.

The thing is I am not sure Van Gaal is a good manager for United but I thought that at the start of the season and United did not. Unless a team is in crisis then they should be allowed to complete a season and then be judged on that. A entire season is the measure of a team and not any given snapshot.

It's far too common for managers, even ones like Wenger who've been around forever, to suddenly be judged on just a handful of games.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 08:23   #1114
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I don't consider it a knee-jerk at all. £250m+ spent and what do we have other than a misfiring side who have lucked their way to not losing (imagine if we played Real or Bayern right now, it would be a bloodbath) in the games we've managed at least a point from, been beaten by much lesser sides who have simply wanted it more and completely deserted OT of our fear factor. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes but even the players seem bored. At least with Moyes he had the excuse of not being enough of a respected name to make top players play for him, as well as being inexperienced at the highest level but neither can be said for Van Gaal. Even Giggs comes as across as frustrated but wisely keeps his mouth shut.

I know nobody will ever adequately replace him but can you imagine SAF putting up with the mood around OT right now?

If it was down to me then Pep would be my choice which would obviously mean watching LVG drag United down for another 5 months.

Part of me hopes Stoke absolutely humiliate us today, help to seal his fate and that would likely mean Mourinho coming in. People point to his performance this year but are we forgetting what he did last season? He won't bring instant success but likely stability. Plus wherever he goes he gets success at the highest level. My only reservation is that he stays in one place for a few years then moves on, plus I'd want his desire to be United manager to emulate or improve on SAF's record but he feels to me like a spurned lover who claims he doesn't care about his ex and publicly tries to get back at her but secretly still has deep feelings and would love a reconciliation.

If Mourinho did take over then we'd kiss goodbye to Pep forever - I can't see him then going anywhere other than City and similar to Liverpool I'm not sure he'd ever be subsequently accepted at United
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 08:30   #1115
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Whether we like it or not football clubs have to answer to their shareholders and if they ain't happy then changes will be invariably made. as top football clubs are now big businesses with all that entails and when supporters are unhappy as well then there is only one decision to make.
Old 26-12-2015, 13:13   #1116
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Oh dear its seems the end is nigh now down at the Britannia.
Old 26-12-2015, 15:23   #1117
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

21mins gone and 3-0 at the Etihad
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 15:30   #1118
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

can we end season now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee our players don't care one bit all should be sacked

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
21mins gone and 3-0 at the Etihad
easiest game City will ever have
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 20:17   #1119
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

What were people saying about Moyes?

https://i.imgur.com/ae8ZQd3.jpg

United have lost four straight competitive matches in a single season for the first time since November 1961.

United lost a Premier League game on Boxing Day for the first time since 2002 (1-3 at Middlesbrough) and only for the second time overall in the top flight (P22 W18 D2 L2).

Louis van Gaal's side have averaged just 1.22 goals per game in the league this season (22 goals in 18 games) - United's lowest average in a league campaign since 1989-90 (1.21)
Old 26-12-2015, 21:50   #1120
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

As Arsenal title hopes go up in smoke, police suspect arsene

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 26-12-2015, 21:56   #1121
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
As Arsenal title hopes go up in smoke, police suspect arsene

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
So many Spurs fans are saying Arsenal's title hopes are over. We're still 2nd. If ours are over so is everyone else other than Leicester.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 04:09   #1122
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Yes but in fairness, Arsenal are famous for bottling.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:28   #1123
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well that's inconsistent Arsenal for you so join the club....
Old 27-12-2015, 09:39   #1124
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Word is doing the rounds that Mourinho may avoid United and aim for the England job which would obviously help keep good relations with Chelsea should he ever go back there. Can't see it being likely though as I'm not sure the irregularity of England games would be enough for him.

Also some are suggesting if United bump off LVG they might appoint Giggs again to keep the door open for Guardiola at the end of the season. Fans would be a lot more patient and forgiving of Giggs if he fails to turn things around, likely to be similar to Forest showing almost unlimited patience towards Brian Clough.
Old 27-12-2015, 10:51   #1125
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Word is doing the rounds that Mourinho may avoid United and aim for the England job which would obviously help keep good relations with Chelsea should he ever go back there. Can't see it being likely though as I'm not sure the irregularity of England games would be enough for him.

Also some are suggesting if United bump off LVG they might appoint Giggs again to keep the door open for Guardiola at the end of the season. Fans would be a lot more patient and forgiving of Giggs if he fails to turn things around, likely to be similar to Forest showing almost unlimited patience towards Brian Clough.
If they do sack him that's what I hope will happen Giggs > Guardiola.

Really disappointed yesterday, no desire from the team and then even less from Van Gaal in his interview after the game. Saying you might walk away from the job...that's the fighting spirit a club needs from their manager! No wonder the players show no fight if that's what the manager is saying
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote