Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dynamode BR-6004 4 Port Broadband Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dynamode BR-6004 4 Port Broadband Router

Old 14-07-2007, 22:18   #1
spacelord11011
Inactive

spacelord11011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dynamode BR-6004 4 Port Broadband Router

hi there,

i recently bought a Dynamode BR-6004 4 Port Broadband Router and am having many problems setting it up.
to me the instructions arnt very clear, and the help pages on the Dynamode website are all down.
im trying to get it to work on virgin

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated
spacelord11011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2007, 22:24   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Dynamode BR-6004 4 Port Broadband Router

to the forum.

How do you connect to the Internet? Do you have a Cable Modem or Set Top Box?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 22:28   #3
spacelord11011
Inactive

Thanks!

Its a cable modem
Old 14-07-2007, 22:34   #4
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It should be a case of unplugging the modem and the router from the mains, then plug modem into the router, and the mains. Let the lights on the modem settle and then plug the router back into the mains.
Old 15-07-2007, 11:29   #5
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Instead of plugging the cable modem into the router, make it so you dont need the cable modem at all. Plug your router into you PC by ethernet cable and go to 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser. (it might ask for a password and a user name, they will both be admin) follow the instructions on that site and it should start working.

If not try ringing the manufacturer of the router. ()
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 12:19   #6
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
Instead of plugging the cable modem into the router, make it so you dont need the cable modem at all. Plug your router into you PC by ethernet cable and go to 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser. (it might ask for a password and a user name, they will both be admin) follow the instructions on that site and it should start working.

If not try ringing the manufacturer of the router. ()
Thats not the case with our connections. Looking at your services, you have 8 meg broadband, which imply you get VM ADSL not VM cable broadband.

We can not get modem/router built into one, we have to use the supplied modem, and if we which to use a router, we have to connect that to the modem.
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 13:38   #7
spacelord11011
Inactive

Had the router plugged in all properly, the instructions then tell me to set it up. Being new to this im kinda lost.

Theres 3 settings for WAN- PPPoE, Dynamic(Dchp) or Static. Is it Dchp i need it set to?
If so for DNS setup do i specify it or set to Obtain from ISP?
Old 16-07-2007, 13:43   #8
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

dhcp and obtain settings from isp.

Ignore Callumpy he does not know what system you are on.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 13:53   #9
spacelord11011
Inactive

It should be VM cable broadband, 4mb, unless any changes were made when i moved house, am gonna check with virgin as soon as there computer system works again.

Will the router even work with ADSL?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/113509...e/Product.html

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Should i run the Vm setup disk after doing all this?
Old 16-07-2007, 14:00   #10
Stuart
-

As long as the connection works without the router, you don't need the setup CD.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:09   #11
spacelord11011
Inactive

No luck in getting it set up that way, this is the settings on the page.

WAN Status
Connect Type Dynamic IP

IP Address 0.0.0.0
SubMask 0.0.0.0
Gateway 0.0.0.0
DNS 1 0.0.0.0
DNS 2 0.0.0.0
WAN MAC 00-a1-b0-01-00-28

LAN Status
IP Address 192.168.16.1
SubMask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server Enabled
LAN MAC 00-a1-b0-01-00-27
Old 16-07-2007, 14:12   #12
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Can I just ask how you are managing to post? Is you pc still connected with the usb cable?
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 14:36   #13
spacelord11011
Inactive

after leaving it for a few minutes, am plugging the modem back into the pc to post.
Old 12-09-2007, 13:41   #14
monkeydj
Inactive

monkeydj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys i was hoping you may be able to help me. I have a dynamode BR-6004, I think that a password was set on it but after a power cut and a few problems, the password we had to connect to the router has been disabled, we now cannot access the admin part of the router, we can sign in as a guest but unfort cannot adjust the settings in this mode. I have tried to reset and still no joy does any one ave any ideas??
monkeydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 20:09   #15
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydj View Post
Hi guys i was hoping you may be able to help me. I have a dynamode BR-6004, I think that a password was set on it but after a power cut and a few problems, the password we had to connect to the router has been disabled, we now cannot access the admin part of the router, we can sign in as a guest but unfort cannot adjust the settings in this mode. I have tried to reset and still no joy does any one ave any ideas??
Oi!!! Don't hijack the OP's thread - make your own!!!

Welcome to CF BTW!