Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 21-10-2014, 23:25   #2386
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I got it earlier. I've set a countryside background from one of the Forza Horizon 2 achievements as my background.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2014, 08:31   #2387
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I got it earlier. I've set a countryside background from one of the Forza Horizon 2 achievements as my background.
Can we use any background like on a windows desktop?
Old 22-10-2014, 13:19   #2388
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Nope. Just Achievement art or a selection of solid colours.

There will be more options in future, though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 15:43   #2389
cimt

I think Major Nelson said that in the future they'll be an update to Media Preview or whatever it's called which will allow you to choose any picture you'd like.
Old 22-10-2014, 17:09   #2390
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Nope. Just Achievement art or a selection of solid colours.

There will be more options in future, though.
Not good as we want any background here.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Quote:
I think Major Nelson said that in the future they'll be an update to Media Preview or whatever it's called which will allow you to choose any picture you'd like.
Do you mean the Xbox Preview program as it doesn't make sense to make the media app control the backgrounds of the home screen?
Old 22-10-2014, 17:38   #2391
cimt

Could of sworn it was mentioned in the video that Major Nelson posted.
Old 22-10-2014, 18:04   #2392
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Could of sworn it was mentioned in the video that Major Nelson posted.
Will just have to wait and see but it just doesn't seem logical.
Old 22-10-2014, 18:11   #2393
cimt

At 40 seconds in this video it mentions an update to the media player which will allow you to choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFLxZI2tezo#t=40
Old 23-10-2014, 14:03   #2394
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

How to make your own background...

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/22/he...ne-background/
Old 23-10-2014, 16:03   #2395
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
The GF will be happy!
Old 24-10-2014, 11:04   #2396
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Looks like Im getting an xbox one (woohoo)

Ive got some turtle beach wireless headphones on my 360 currently, that uses the optical out of the 360 into the transmitter part, am I right in assuming they should still work on the xbox one as long as I use the optical out on the xbox one.

Ive read you need a special converter for game chat that are about 19 quid.

Only bummer is I will have to wait till xmas before I can play (wifes orders, sad face)
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 13:47   #2397
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yeah. So long as it's compatible (best check!) you'd just plug the headphones into the Xbox One's optical audio output, and then use the stereo headset adapter for chat:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/a...id=vJi7AvY7P0Y
Old 24-10-2014, 16:46   #2398
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah. So long as it's compatible (best check!) you'd just plug the headphones into the Xbox One's optical audio output, and then use the stereo headset adapter for chat:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/a...id=vJi7AvY7P0Y
Cheers Matt Not too sure how to check as daft as that sounds, apart from plugging them in and seeing how it goes, logic dictates it should work in my opinion .

The earphones are Turtle Beach Earforce X42's, not the best I've had but they'll do for now, I've not had them that long so don't want multiple sets lying around.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-d...FSbmwgodmn8ApA

Just checked and it says compatible with the Xbox one.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 10:49   #2399
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I think the latest preview firmware is a bit dodgy, twice in the last 2 days i have turned on the Xbox and it has presented me with a really dark TV picture that looked like the backlight had gone on the TV, luckily turning the Xbox off and on again has cured it.

Anyone else seen this?
Old 25-10-2014, 11:05   #2400
cimt

Not sure if it's related to the newest preview or not but a couple of days I couldn't get back to Home. I kept pressing the button but nothing happened.