Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:36   #2491
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Can anyone recommend an external HDD for the X1 to install games on that will be discrete and fast enough?
Yup!

I bought one of these once the feature was added:

Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive - £74.97 at Amazon

I went for that for a couple of reasons:

1) My wife has been using that & other WD models for some time for storing her photos, and swears by their reliability.

2) I found a review somewhere (can't remember where) that said it was a good choice for the Xbox One, giving good speed and storage benefits for a reasonable price.

No issues with it at all. It just sits there at the back out of the way. And being a portable drive means that as well as being small and quiet it also doesn't need a separate power supply.

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Ha, I see Craig beat me to it!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2014, 01:46   #2492
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks guys, the passport was 1 of the drives I was looking at but was also considering the Samsung M3 2TB as it has a lot of great reviews, I guess either will do?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Slim...productDetails
Old 11-12-2014, 02:40   #2493
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Looks like it'd be ideal. The size looks similar to the size of the one I have. So it should be small enough to hide away.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:28   #2494
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Looks like it'd be ideal. The size looks similar to the size of the one I have. So it should be small enough to hide away.
And a little cheaper, so i will likely go for the Samsung if i don't get the WD.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Ordered the WD in the end, will i have to format it or anything or can i just plug it into the Xbox and use it right away?
Old 11-12-2014, 14:30   #2495
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Xbox will sort it out for you.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...d99e6bd8e943f6
Old 11-12-2014, 14:35   #2496
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Excellent seeing all my games are digital now as long as i get them cheap somewhere.

Just picked up AC Unity for around £20 just hope they fix all the bugs.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:48   #2497
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Tempted to save up for an xBox 1 next year, just a couple of points I want to clear up first.

1. Will my gamertag on the 360 work still on the 1 or do I need to do a new account?
2. Will all my apps that I have on the 360 work on the 1?
3. Have they fixed it yet so that you can play 360 games on the 1, or is is still the case that you cannot play 360 games on the 1?

Thanks for replying.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 13:09   #2498
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Tempted to save up for an xBox 1 next year, just a couple of points I want to clear up first.

1. Will my gamertag on the 360 work still on the 1 or do I need to do a new account?
2. Will all my apps that I have on the 360 work on the 1?
3. Have they fixed it yet so that you can play 360 games on the 1, or is is still the case that you cannot play 360 games on the 1?

Thanks for replying.
1. You use the exact same microsoft account details nothing needs to change. All your gamerscore stays as well and you can still see your previous acheivments.
2.Which apps? THe One has its own set of apps for Netflix, iPlayer and lots of other things.
3.It cannot be fixed as the One has a totally different CPU and system so it will never be able to play 360 games unless they launch some form of emulator or straming service a bit like Onlive.
Old 12-12-2014, 13:41   #2499
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Excellent news about the account, apps I use are Netflix and iPlayer so as long as I can still get those I'd be happy. Shame about the 360 games, but that is not that much of a deal breaker if I ever save enough to buy a 1.

Thanks Stephen.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 14:15   #2500
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I only got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Ended up trading my 360 a d games in against it.
Old 12-12-2014, 14:27   #2501
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Excellent news about the account, apps I use are Netflix and iPlayer so as long as I can still get those I'd be happy. Shame about the 360 games, but that is not that much of a deal breaker if I ever save enough to buy a 1.

Thanks Stephen.
The Xbox One has had Netflix since launch, while BBC iPlayer was released last week.

There's also Amazon Instant Video, 4oD, Demand 5, and many more.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/apps/...ne?xr=shellnav
Old 12-12-2014, 17:21   #2502
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

http://cdn.winbeta.org/cdn/farfuture...ws/zrL0Frh.jpg

Transparent tiles spotting running on Xbox One, could arrive with the next preview update

http://www.winbeta.org/news/transpar...medium=twitter
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 19:30   #2503
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Looks great!

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Ea Sports UFC to be the next free game for EA Access.
Old 12-12-2014, 22:37   #2504
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

That looks a lot better. It makes the background art a lot less useless. Right now there's no real point in using it...
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 00:39   #2505
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I use a background picture all the time I think it looks way better, but a picture off the net, not a pointless game achievement.