Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Super league

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Super league

Old 06-01-2013, 11:49   #241
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Super league

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Ether of you going to this game at the end of this month.

Quote:
Super Bennie Westwood's testimonial game versus Wigan Warriors is drawing ever closer.

The Wolves will face the Wigan Warriors on Saturday 26th January at The Halliwell Jones Stadium, kick-off 3pm, in their final pre-season match before the new Super League campaign gets underway.

The Betfred Challenge is the only home pre-season fixture for the Wolves ahead of Super League XVIII. It promises to be an intriguing encounter between the Challenge Cup champions and the holders of the League Leaders Shield. Warrington will wear specially commissioned Super Bennie Westwood testimonial shirts for the occasion.
Should be another battle royal between Warrington and Wigan.

I received my tickets for this the other day.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2013, 11:52   #242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Ether of you going to this game at the end of this month.

Should be another battle royal between Warrington and Wigan.
And remember there's always the pub afterwards to drown your sorrows.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:55   #243
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
And remember there's always the pub afterwards to drown your sorrows.
Funny it was not me drowning my sorrows last year or the year before, however i wonder who was .

It should be a good opening game for both teams i feel.

Old 22-01-2013, 18:57   #244
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Gareth Hock has joined Widnes on loan until the end of the season.

The bloke is a complete idiot, what a waste of a great talent.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 20:03   #245
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Gareth Hock has joined Widnes on loan until the end of the season.

The bloke is a complete idiot, what a waste of a great talent.
WHAT, goes off to the wire forum to see.

*****Edit******

Our games against you just got that bit more easier, not saying we would win all the time but Hock was a player that i saw as a game winner. There must be something going on between him and the Wigan board ??

To say i am shocked is a understatement

Old 22-01-2013, 20:11   #246
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Our games against you just got that bit more easier, not saying we would win all the time but Hock was a player that i saw as a game winner. There must be something going on between him and the Wigan board ??
You can always live in hope dear chap.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:13   #247
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
You can always live in hope dear chap.
Just been reading this

Quote:
Warriors chairman Ian Lenagan told the club's official website that the 29-year-old, who was banned for two years in 2009 after testing positive for cocaine, had, after requesting a move to Australia in October, refused to play for the club.

"Gareth Hock has made it clear in face-to-face discussions with me and via his agent that he has no intention of playing for the Wigan club."
Ian Lenagan Quotes of the week

"Gareth Hock has made it clear in face-to-face discussions with me and via his agent that he has no intention of playing for the Wigan club," he said. "This is hugely disappointing to me, to the Wigan fans and to the club who have all treated him well
http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-leag...ikings-on-loan

Old 22-01-2013, 20:14   #248
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Wigan have said its because he demanded more money, then a move to Australia, then a move to another super league club. He then didn't return for pre season. The guy has real issues, when a club sticks by you during a 2 year drugs ban the least you can do is show some respect and not act like a spoilt brat, even if you want a move away. I really liked him as a player, but he appears to be a complete nob head. It wouldn't surprise me if there are other reasons why he was shown the door as well.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:16   #249
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l say good riddance despite his talent as the one thing you don't want at any club is a disruptive influence.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:18   #250
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
WHAT, goes off to the wire forum to see.

*****Edit******

To say i am shocked is a understatement
I can't see us challenging this year like we have the past few seasons. We have lost so many key players and either replaced them with average players, youth players or not at all. Unless Lennagan starts to spend big soon we will be left behind.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:23   #251
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Wigan have said its because he demanded more money, then a move to Australia, then a move to another super league club. He then didn't return for pre season. The guy has real issues, when a club sticks by you during a 2 year drugs ban the least you can do is show some respect and not act like a spoilt brat, even if you want a move away. I really liked him as a player, but he appears to be a complete nob head. It wouldn't surprise me if there are other reasons why he was shown the door as well.
He's a good player but it goes without saying a lose cannon as well. I was at the game when he tried the eye gouging trick and that turned me against him. To be honest your better off as a team without him if that's his attitude to what is the top of the league side.

I am looking forward to the game on Saturday. Are you going ?

Old 22-01-2013, 20:39   #252
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

If some of the other rumours are true we are definitely better off without him in the team.

No, i'm not going Saturday unfortunately. Have a good time if you are.
Old 26-01-2013, 17:50   #253
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

half time score

Warrington wolves 10 Wigan warriors 0

Old 26-01-2013, 17:53   #254
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
half time score

Warrington wolves 10 Wigan warriors 0
Old 26-01-2013, 18:19   #255
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

16 - 0 with 22 mins to go