Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 29-03-2016, 12:03   #2881
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky to show Formula 1 in 4K UHD from 2017.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1371...-uhd-from-2017
and they will charge extra for that no doubt about it like the HD charge
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2016, 12:24   #2882
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and they will charge extra for that no doubt about it like the HD charge
The 4K is included in the Sky Q Silver charge I believe appropriate to the package you are on.

If you have Sky Q Silver and Sky Sports you'll receive the F1 in 4K.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:13   #2883
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Go increases on demand entertainment offering with shows from E!, Syfy and Universal Channel now available

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...-now-available
Old 26-04-2016, 14:24   #2884
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Game of Thrones season six premiere smashes Sky viewing records.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...dia_b-gdnmedia
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46   #2885
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

A small but much wanted upgrade to the on demand software is being released ,Sky customers will now be able to download entire box sets instead of one episode at a time .This email was waiting for me this morning

Quote:
Over the coming weeks, we'll be automatically updating your Sky+HD box with new features that will make it easier than ever to enjoy back-to-back episodes of all the great Box Sets included in your subscription.

Download All

Download All
Simply select a series to download and the entire stack will move to your Planner. The first two episodes will download and the rest will be listed as 'pending' – saving on Planner space. So there's always an episode waiting for you to watch.

Watch Next

Watch Next
Towards the end of a show, if you have the next episode downloaded in your Planner, you'll see an onscreen prompt to 'Watch next episode'. Simply press the green button to immediately start playing the next episode.
Old 09-05-2016, 13:44   #2886
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Go increases on demand entertainment offering with shows from E!, Syfy and Universal Channel now available

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...-now-available
SkyGO won't let me add another device - I have SkyGo Extra super duper in fact.

1 device and been trying for 3 months to add another. It's *****.
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 15:44   #2887
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post
SkyGO won't let me add another device - I have SkyGo Extra super duper in fact.

1 device and been trying for 3 months to add another. It's *****.
So ring them and get your device slots reset or log into My sky and submit a help request. All 4 slots work perfectly well for me so clearly you have an issue only Sky can help you with.
Old 09-05-2016, 16:48   #2888
23prince
Inactive

Quote:
So ring them and get your device slots reset or log into My sky and submit a help request. All 4 slots work perfectly well for me so clearly you have an issue only Sky can help you with.
It does not show any slots full! that's the bummer about it!
Old 09-05-2016, 17:09   #2889
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post
It does not show any slots full! that's the bummer about it!
I'd certainly ring them they should be able to sort the issue for you. I'm pretty sure it won't work on rooted devices if it's not rooted I'd certainly contact them.
Old 09-05-2016, 19:13   #2890
23prince
Inactive

No it's my phone or PC which oddly enough I have been able to download the app on too.

I will call them - but I am leaving them soon anyway for other reasons.

Thanks for the advice I will follow it
Old 18-05-2016, 17:06   #2891
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
A small but much wanted upgrade to the on demand software is being released ,Sky customers will now be able to download entire box sets instead of one episode at a time .This email was waiting for me this morning
Anyone who hasn't already got the R013 update can now do so as it's available on the DR stream.
Old 18-05-2016, 22:03   #2892
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Anyone who hasn't already got the R013 update can now do so as it's available on the DR stream.
downloading it now
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 10:42   #2893
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sky to air UK's first 24-hour eSports TV channel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...hannel-sky-itv
Old 29-06-2016, 11:51   #2894
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky announces new NOW TV broadband, calls and TV bundles.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/sky-announce...nd-tv-bundles/
Old 28-07-2016, 12:41   #2895
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky's profits rise by 12%.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ues-uk-ireland