Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GB News / Talk TV

Old 05-11-2023, 19:19   #1051
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Only the right type of free speech is permitted on GB News.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2023, 19:21   #1052
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm shocked, frankly. It'll cost them.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 00:17   #1053
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm shocked, frankly. It'll cost them.
I'm not shocked.

The fact that they only have right-wing politicians as hosts is a red flag on the extent of their free speech. And if this was in any doubt, we only have to look at the suspension of Guto Harri, suspended by the station for taking the knee.
Old 06-11-2023, 07:11   #1054
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's an increasing trend from the right to only allow/tolerate one point of view. Whether its GB news or those peacefully protesting about what's happening in Gaza.

Fight for free speech of course, as long as its just our speech... GB news is a symptom of our once proud country's downward spiral. We'll end up like 1930s Germany if we're not careful.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:54   #1055
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's an increasing trend from the right to only allow/tolerate one point of view. Whether its GB news or those peacefully protesting about what's happening in Gaza.

Fight for free speech of course, as long as its just our speech... GB news is a symptom of our once proud country's downward spiral. We'll end up like 1930s Germany if we're not careful.
But there's the "left" (Starmer) allowing only one point of view on the Gaza business; and the "extreme left" only tolerating a pro-Palestinian point of view. Rounding like you do on GB News is hypocritical.

As for ending up like 1930s Germany, that's my worry when we're all made to face East in 50 or so years' time.

Old 06-11-2023, 10:20   #1056
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But there's the "left" (Starmer) allowing only one point of view on the Gaza business; and the "extreme left" only tolerating a pro-Palestinian point of view. Rounding like you do on GB News is hypocritical.

As for ending up like 1930s Germany, that's my worry when we're all made to face East in 50 or so years' time.
It's a thread about two TV channels not the Labour Party!

And wiser souls than me on here have rebutted your projections about the UK becoming a Muslim state with an evidence-based approach.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 06-11-2023 at 10:24.
Old 11-11-2023, 16:43   #1057
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Watching a bit of this channel this afternoon and they seem to be wetting themselves trying to defend the right wing thugs near the cenotaph
Old 11-11-2023, 19:08   #1058
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:

Let's just pretend for a moment that your ridiculous notion has at least some merit. Just for a moment.

If the government couldn't "make" people wear masks and "make" them stay indoors during the pandemic what in the blue hell gives you the impression they'll "make" us all pray to Mecca?

Would YOU do it? Somehow I doubt it. Would "are Tommeh" and his types do it? Even bigger doubt.

Great straw man, however sadly lacking in any credibility.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 19:12   #1059
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Let's just pretend for a moment that your ridiculous notion has at least some merit. Just for a moment.

If the government couldn't "make" people wear masks and "make" them stay indoors during the pandemic what in the blue hell gives you the impression they'll "make" us all pray to Mecca?

Would YOU do it? Somehow I doubt it. Would "are Tommeh" and his types do it? Even bigger doubt.

Great straw man, however sadly lacking in any credibility.
See 1930s Germany for details.

Old 11-11-2023, 19:32   #1060
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

That’s not an answer though is it? Asking me to refer to a different country, from a different time (and century), different government and a different culture.

Now try again please.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 11-11-2023, 19:35   #1061
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
That’s not an answer though is it? Asking me to refer to a different country, from a different time (and century), different government and a different culture.

Now try again please.
I'm referring you to herd behaviour, antisemitism, and the outcome if they come to power.

Old 11-11-2023, 19:45   #1062
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

For herd behaviour to be effective you need the entire nation on board. This is the ONLY time that conspiracy theorist contrarian idiots will be useful.

There is no way any government of ours will get everyone to believe and agree on the same things. We have far too many “why should I, you can’t tell me what to do” types to get enough of the population to convert to Islam.

I most likely won’t be here in your 50 year timeframe but if I was, and was also a gambling man I’d happily put my life savings on it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 12-11-2023, 11:41   #1063
richard-john56
cf.addict

Services: 1 gig broadband
richard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Watching a bit of this channel this afternoon and they seem to be wetting themselves trying to defend the right wing thugs near the cenotaph
They remind me of Fox News all dumb and one sided.
richard-john56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 14:42   #1064
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I think that was the intention all along

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-11-2023, 19:54   #1065
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...es-ad-boycott/
Quote:
GB News has launched an online paywall as the start-up broadcaster seeks new revenue streams in the face of an ongoing advertiser boycott.

The outspoken news channel is rolling out a membership scheme that will offer exclusive commentary and analysis on its website to paying subscribers.

GB News is offering three membership tiers charged at £5, £10 and £20 per month.
You're going to have to pay to hear the vitriol now...

Sky Sports will be scared rigid
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote