Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V - 2009 : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V - 2009 : Season 1

Old 27-01-2009, 18:08   #1
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Talking V - 2009 : Season 1

ABC has officially greenlit a pilot for its reworking of V ! 80's sci-fi great !
so we can talk about this up comeing tv event i'm going to set up a thread for talk and casting info that sort of thing

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2565

v universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(science_fiction)
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2009, 18:15   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V (reboot) thread

They should cast Freddie Starr as one of the aliens. After all they did seem to enjoy eating a lot of rodents
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 19:19   #3
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

SDA, I've fixed the Wiki link (looks like vbulliten messed it up).

I am looking forward to a V remake but one thing I hope they keep is the references to facism in this country. Kenneth Johnson has said that the original V was based (at least in part) on the treatment of other races/faiths (in particular, the Jewish) by the Nazis in the second world war. I think that is part of what made V actually quite a powerful drama.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 12:33   #4
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

V Reboot? BRING IT ON!!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 13:25   #5
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice

I just can't wait.
I wonder who will play the character diana....... goes off for a very cold shower in liquid oxygen now
If it's made to the same standards of BSG then it's going to be another classic.
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 14:47   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I am looking forward to a V remake but one thing I hope they keep is the references to facism in this country.
I presume you mean in the US, rather than the UK?

Quote:
Kenneth Johnson has said that the original V was based (at least in part) on the treatment of other races/faiths (in particular, the Jewish) by the Nazis in the second world war.
I'm amazed he felt the need to say it, they really did lay it on with a trowel - to the point of having a token Jewish family on hand to explain how everyone should learn from the mistakes of the past.

I would like to see this done, but I'm just a tad concerned. Original BSG was tea-time cheese for kids so it was possible to re-do it without damaging the legacy of something that was hardly a classic first time round. Original V, on the other hand, is already the kind of gritty adult drama that new BSG is. All its really missing is 21st century production techniques.

To put it another way, I'm not convinced whether they really can 're-imagine' the concept in the way BSG was done; they are liable to simply end up with a re-make, and re-makes are, IMO, more often than not pointless and not an improvement on the original.

And what's V without Jane Badler anyway?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 01:02   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

No Ken Johnson for this one?

I guess this remake/reboot has scuppered any chance Johnson had for his proposed sequel.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I guess this remake/reboot has scuppered any chance Johnson had for his proposed sequel.
Apparently not.

He has the movie rights, Warner Bros have the TV rights.

http://www.kennethjohnson.us/V-News.html

Quote:
Update 1/26/09 - ABC and Warners TV continue to develop a reimagined version of V for a possible episodic TV series, with which Kenny is not involved. This does not affect Kenny's ongoing efforts to remake his original classic as a major motion picture.

Kenny’s prime desire is to bring big-screen production values to the new V movie while carefully protecting the timeless story, the characters, quality, integrity and substance that make his original V such a favorite of worldwide audiences and a critically acclaimed, international landmark.

More soon.

Although of course he needs backing if he's ever gonna make it...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 10:25   #8
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

another thing that made the original v so good was the music it was so powerfull it was like it was a extra character in the show.
Old 29-01-2009, 10:31   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
another thing that made the original v so good was the music it was so powerfull it was like it was a extra character in the show.
Argh ... you'll have me humming that all day!

Trivia time now. Am I right in thinking that the original miniseries, shown on consecutive nights by ITV during the 1984 Olympics, wasn't originally shown in a single block in the USA?

The theme tune changes halfway through, is why I'm asking. The best version is the one used during the second half of the miniseries. All heavy drums and a repetitive electric piano riff, with a subtly changing bass line. They used a different one for the full-length series that was made, which IIRC may have been the same as the first couple of eps of the mini?

Any V trivia buffs out there? I did watch the re-runs of this on Sci Fi a couple of years ago but I can't remember now.
Old 29-01-2009, 13:10   #10
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Argh ... you'll have me humming that all day!

Trivia time now. Am I right in thinking that the original miniseries, shown on consecutive nights by ITV during the 1984 Olympics, wasn't originally shown in a single block in the USA?

The theme tune changes halfway through, is why I'm asking. The best version is the one used during the second half of the miniseries. All heavy drums and a repetitive electric piano riff, with a subtly changing bass line. They used a different one for the full-length series that was made, which IIRC may have been the same as the first couple of eps of the mini?

Any V trivia buffs out there? I did watch the re-runs of this on Sci Fi a couple of years ago but I can't remember now.
yes indeed the original miniseries beat the 1984 Olympics in the rateings ! also v dose get on Sci Fi alot you have have to look out for it that's where i was able to watch V: the series for the first time i know about it but could never find the thing on tv untill it poped up on Sci Fi in about 98
Old 29-01-2009, 13:12   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

I watched V: The Series on its first run on UK television, ITV (I think), mid 80s ... we used to discuss it at school the next morning, and moan about it being on so late at night. Am I showing my age now?
Old 30-01-2009, 09:49   #12
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm amazed he felt the need to say it, they really did lay it on with a trowel - to the point of having a token Jewish family on hand to explain how everyone should learn from the mistakes of the past.
Not forgetting the Nazi-esque jack boot uniforms, the swastika style emblem, and propaganda type posters they put up on the streets.

I'm suprised they didn't go the whole hog and have a lizard with a Hitler tash.
Old 30-01-2009, 14:23   #13
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoine View Post
not forgetting the nazi-esque jack boot uniforms, the swastika style emblem, and propaganda type posters they put up on the streets.

I'm suprised they didn't go the whole hog and have a lizard with a hitlertash.
:lol:
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 22:06   #14
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Morena Baccarin, the amazingly beautiful actress who played Inara in Firefly & Adria in SG-1, has been cast as one of the main aliens in the V reboot:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pilot-Ba...b&profileid=01
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10   #15
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Morena Baccarin, the amazingly beautiful actress who played Inara in Firefly & Adria in SG-1, has been cast as one of the main aliens in the V reboot:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pilot-Ba...b&profileid=01
off to a good start i see