Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2017, 01:46   #781
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Streaming will be done via your panasonic device via wifi or ethernet depending how you're connected.
You don't need the v6 to use netflix etc on your panasonic box and if uhd is supported on your panasonic box and you're subscribed to the correct netflix pack then you'll get uhd content from netflix on your panasonic set top box.

Hi mate, thx for the reply, I don't have a Panasonic set top box, all I have is the smart TV connected to my TiVo, my TV is connected to the internet via WiFi as I have already had several software updates on it.
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2017, 02:05   #782
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi mate, thx for the reply, I don't have a Panasonic set top box, all I have is the smart TV connected to my TiVo, my TV is connected to the internet via WiFi as I have already had several software updates on it.
You'll still be fine mate netflix will work from your smart tv apps, i have a samsung smart tv i access the smart hub to use netflix etc, it'll be similar with panasonic you just access the apps on your tv via the panasonic smart menu/hub and you can use netflix and other apps via that no need to use v6 box.
Uhd will work fine if you're subscribed to the correct netflix tier which i think is the highest for Uhd, i personally am on the £7.99 one which is hd not uhd.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:16   #783
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Yes mate I already access Netflix via the app, it's so much quicker, I also use the YouTube app which we find brilliant for music etc. I am also paying £7.99 for the HD content from Netflix, but haven't seen an awful lot in UHD from them! I don't consider myself a complete noob lol, but wasn't sure how the apps on the TV were loading, i.e through the TiVo or WiFi, but thanks for the explanation, it kind of negates my need for a V6 to a certain extent.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:01   #784
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix UHD requires the top subscription which allows you to stream on 4 simultaneous devices it costs £8.99.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/...-is-netflix-uk
Old 14-03-2017, 08:48   #785
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

We pay for two additional boxes which are the basic SD grey vm boxes. Would the basic v HD boxes be the same price? I'm going to go on a rant today as the boxes we have are ancient
Old 14-03-2017, 10:18   #786
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can't get V HD boxes any more - they were withdrawn from sale in September. Your choices are between TiVo or the V6 box.
Old 14-03-2017, 12:11   #787
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
We pay for two additional boxes which are the basic SD grey vm boxes. Would the basic v HD boxes be the same price? I'm going to go on a rant today as the boxes we have are ancient
Hey Vince, I've got 4 boxes in total - 2 are multiroom -I ditched my V HD boxes for 2 V6s as part of my VIP pack and kept the Tivo 1GB and V+HD as multiroom boxes

I was told by VM that because I had the V+HD box the multiroom charge was £11.50 per box, that was £23 a month on multiroom costs. I've got rid of the V+HD box and swapped it for the Tivo 500GB. The multiroom price went down to £7.50 per box so saved myself a few quid too...happy days

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 14-03-2017 at 13:01.
Old 14-03-2017, 13:12   #788
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Yes mate I already access Netflix via the app, it's so much quicker, I also use the YouTube app which we find brilliant for music etc. I am also paying £7.99 for the HD content from Netflix, but haven't seen an awful lot in UHD from them! I don't consider myself a complete noob lol, but wasn't sure how the apps on the TV were loading, i.e through the TiVo or WiFi, but thanks for the explanation, it kind of negates my need for a V6 to a certain extent.
As MM just said mate you need the next tier up for UHD on netflix £8.99pm then you'll start seeing UHD content from netflix.
Old 14-03-2017, 14:21   #789
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
As MM just said mate you need the next tier up for UHD on netflix £8.99pm then you'll start seeing UHD content from netflix.
Yes saw that, cheers bud............
Old 14-03-2017, 16:05   #790
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Hey Vince, I've got 4 boxes in total - 2 are multiroom -I ditched my V HD boxes for 2 V6s as part of my VIP pack and kept the Tivo 1GB and V+HD as multiroom boxes

I was told by VM that because I had the V+HD box the multiroom charge was £11.50 per box, that was £23 a month on multiroom costs. I've got rid of the V+HD box and swapped it for the Tivo 500GB. The multiroom price went down to £7.50 per box so saved myself a few quid too...happy days
Cheers friend !
Old 15-03-2017, 01:15   #791
jj20x

Quest Red added on channel 215, as expected. The EPG suggests that the full service starts at 10am.

Old 15-03-2017, 01:31   #792
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Sky channel 0112 has been changed from Heart Extra to Heart 80s.

Has anything changed with regard to VM channel 921?

The EPG is apparently still showing 'Heart extr', but that means nothing as channel 545 is still listed as Motors TV!
Old 15-03-2017, 08:05   #793
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quest Red placeholder has now been added on channel 215
Old 15-03-2017, 14:35   #794
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sky channel 0112 has been changed from Heart Extra to Heart 80s.

Has anything changed with regard to VM channel 921?

The EPG is apparently still showing 'Heart extr', but that means nothing as channel 545 is still listed as Motors TV!
Yes, channel 921 is now carrying Heart 80s but the channel names haven't been updated. Presumably VM take the feed from Astra / Sky.

Old 15-03-2017, 16:08   #795
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Quest Red added on channel 215, as expected. The EPG suggests that the full service starts at 10am.
Good to see no channels has been drop to carry Quest Red from launch.

Why did Virgin don't also carry Quest Red +1
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread